Quick Post

Saturday, rise and shine!

Saturday, rise and shine!
  • I've been up fixing breakfast. Waffles - we bought a ginormous waffle maker yesterday on clearance at Wally world. Fresh squeezed oj. Cut up papaya... um...with lime... That's it but there's plenty. At least until the big guy gets up then it's GONE.

I finished reading Dr. Neal Bernard's Program for Reversing Diabetes. I want to get my shopping list together and start a vegan diet in a few days. "We've" agreed to try it for 3 weeks. There's a great web site to help, too. 

We're going to Kennesaw to look at a deck job. This guy does lighting for productions. Atlanta is the new Hollywood, so I've heard.

Leland is outside. There's a tom that lives next door who tries to be a bully but Leland wants to be friends and I think it baffles the bully. Leland is a bit odd anyway. The goober. As long as he keeps killing spiders I'll keep feeding him. LOL the bully walked away. Leland won't run from him so...  He's very hard to catch but eventually he's ready to come back inside. He has flea stuff and his rabies so I like letting him outside every now and then. No traffic, woods...squirrels. What better place? If it weren't for the neighbors this might be a good place to stay. 

Okay, someone else tell us what's going on today. Gotta finish my waffle. 

• Ride today. Last evening we went to work cows. It got kinda of exciting when C pushed the cows and they all ran at Sarcee, she jumped sideways and hit the gate which scared her worse than the cows. We tracked some cows for a little bit and then she got enthused.

Back to trail this morning, bbq and more cow work. Too much fun. I hope I survive.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

• Good Morning!

It's been a while since I've checked in! Busy time of year, that's for sure. Some days I'm not sure if I'm coming or going!

Your waffles sound yummy, Hunter. Where do you find your papaya? K was looking for some to dry for her rabbit. You'd think Trader Joe's would have it, but we ended up going to an oriental market. Also have to go there for sprouts, so I'm getting to have some in my breakfast this morning! We're going to start growing our own sprouts. Driving 40 miles to get sprouts is a bit silly.

We finally made it out of the freezing weather this morning! It's been cold and windy, but the horses haven't really cared. We've got spring grass and they're going out to the furthest area of the pastures away from the protection of their stall. I keep expecting them to be hiding it in, but have had to walk out to find them in the mornings for their breakfast. Not really fun when its freezing and the wind is blowing. But I'd rather know they've eaten their hay and check on them.

Lots of 4-H, band, and school activities happening around here. I HAVE to stay home a bit today and clean up this place. We've been home long enough to drop our stuff and leave again so it looks pretty bad. Need to get hay so we'll do that when we go into town for a 4-H event.

DH - your adventures sound like lots of fun!

Dana - When do you get out this year? We're down to 13 days plus 2 snow days teachers have to make up. I can't wait!

I hope everyone's having a beautiful spring day!

• Morning everyone!

It was time for kitten baths this morning, poor things were covered in poo and milk and they just needed a bath. I tried to wipe them down with baby wipes but they just weren't doing the job. Now they are all clean and sleeping the morning away.

We went to a promotion party last night, hung out with some friends. Making chili for dinner tonight, and biscuits and gravy for breakfast this morning. Yum! Guess I should get started on that....Hubby isn't away yet so it's all good :D

I've got some cleaning up to do today, rats need their cages cleaned out, I need to vacuum 'cause I didn't get to it yesterday. Been stressing over the kittens, trying to make sure they get everything they need, they are like smaller, quieter babies, I'm exhausted, have to make formula every four hours, keep them warm, constantly watch to make sure they aren't getting into anything or getting under anything or eating something, and I have to make sure they pee and poo, well...actually just pee, they've figured out how to poo by themselves I think....Oh and I have to clean their little bed 'cause they poo'd in it....and Hubby just gets to cuddle them while I do all the work.....ug, I realize it sounds like i'm whining, but it's just stressful :/

Well, I need to get started or I'm never going to get done

Good Luck on the vegan diet Hunt!

Have a good ride Dane!

Hey CPG! -waves-  

Have a great day everyone

• We survived.

Good ride but hot, dry and dusty.  Too much food.

• We had an interview with the lady who's going to care for the horses while we're gone.  Well, Jmebear did, I just hung around the edges of the conversation and tried to stay out of the way.  The lady reminds me of my sister back in the seventies.

After the interview we went up to the Ranch in Anderson.   Since the gate was locked to the upper pastures, we instead drove on the roads down below.  It was a lovely day with light wind and not too warm.  The horses did really well and we all very much enjoyed the drive.  Socks was a good boy, but that Phaeton is heavy and he got tired after a relatively short drive of about three miles.

Well, have to hit the sack.  Hope you all have a great night and a blessed day tomorrow!