Quick Post

Rascals Progress...or...what I do when I'm avoiding doing housework...

Rascals Progress...or...what I do when I'm avoiding doing housework...
  • OH . MY . GOODNESS.  Jessie how wonderful he looks!!!   I love how his eyes are so much brighter now, too!  Great job!
  • Thanks!
  • WOW,   just amazing what a caring and loving owner can do.
  • I got chills seeing how bad off he was when you first got him.  I would have bought him too, just to save him.  He's looking so sleek and happy now!  How big is he?
  • I haven't measured him recently.  Last time - which was over a month ago - he was 12.3 hands at the wither.  At that point most of his growing on his hind-end and lengthened out overall in his body.  I think he has grown some since and I need to measure him.  The string test on his cannon bone says he may get around 14.3-15 hands - which I hope he does.  That would be perfect since we were hoping for a horse between Toby & Apache in size.  Toby is just shy of 14 hands and Apache is a very wide 15.2 hh.

He is constantly amazing me with how quickly he accepts new things.  He is calm around things that we have been trying to get Apache to accept for years.  Heck - I had him by the halter the other day and he happened to take a step back and get shocked by the fence.  He rushed forward, but as soon as he felt the pressure on the halter he immediately stopped.  Not even a full step forward.  I don't think Toby would have stopped that quickly.  I think he is going to be a great horse once he grows up.