Quick Post

Jumpin

Jumpin
  • Jumping rocco in my last lessonnn!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka92-p3YSUE

got to my channel for more vids I havent shared. (:
  • Looks like fun!
  • It isss! haha. my postion was really bad though. haha
  • I wouldn't say that, but you didn't ask for critiques.
  • haha. I dont care if people critique. Just to help me be a better rider ':D'
  • I'm seeing a lesson horse who is doing what he's trained to do.  Carry a rider over fences.  I'm seeing a rider who has very decent body position but is not actually "riding" the horse.  It's like you two are detached.  He's plodding over, knocking rails, and that seems to be okay with you because you're not adjusting to really become one with him. (or her - forgot which) 
    I don't think it's your fault.  I think your instructor sees this and lets it go, maybe to reinforce your position.  If you had a very challenging horse (in other ways - I think this horse is a challenge just to wake him up out of his boredome) you might not be prepared for it. 
    I'd have you work on some different stuff - and maybe you do - like counting strides between jumps, then adding or subtracting strides the next time around.
    OR I could have it all wrong.  That happens all the time. 
    Again, I think your position is fine and you've obviously had some lessons!  (not wasted money!)
  • Let me add this, too.  This horse is very comfortable with you.  You guys could probably be an awesome team if you could figure out how to wake him up.  You have to admit there were an awful lot of knocked rails.  I'd have you reach for his ears a few times to free up his head - like how the Russians train... or is it the Germans?  One of those.  I think Raintree Equestrian in Olive Branch MS has a web site that shows the "reach for the ears" concept.  It's new to me but the results are amazing!
  • Yeah, my instructer is trying to teach me how to 'ride; the horse . I know I sort of stop riding within 6 strides of the fence. I also know I do not release much. haha. But i just cant seem to get. but I am trying. I did get some really good jumps in my last lesson, but I didn't have my camera then. But thanks so much for the critique!
  • Well, that makes sense then.   You look really good!  It's great you understand what you're doing because that makes it a lot easier to work on.  Once you pass this little bump in the road your jumps need to get bigger!  THAT'll wake him up! [':D']  Raise them rails!!!
  • Hah. Thanks. yesterday at a show we jumped a bit higher than usual. We only hit one rail. good boy rocco!