Quick Post

Obama?

Obama?
  • So what do y'll think about our new president? I personally think he sucks! He is for abortion which I am completely against![:@][&o] I think the whole bail-out was stupid. What her should have done is given money to the farmer and the people who need it! And correct me if I am wrong but is he not for getting a higher eduction, if he is then he should make it more affordable for people to go to college. I mean I am going to be a freshman this fall at a state college and by the end of my 4 years I will have about 45,000 to pay off in loans plus interest![:@] So what happened to all this money???[8|] Maybe it is just be me, but he does not have the experience to be a president!
    Liz
  • He's not for abortion, he is for choice.  There is a difference.  I personally would never get an abortion, but I do believe women should have a choice in the matter because each situation is different.  I would also hate to see black market abortions that are high-risk surface again.

How is the president suppose to control higher-education costs?  Many colleges are privately or state run - is that really under federal jurisdiction?  How much do we want our government's hands in this?  I prefer less government interference.  Besides - $45,000 is cheap and most people can get loans/scholarships to cover it.  Its been a few years since I got out of college, but mine totaled over $60,000. 

As to the bail out - most people seem to forget that the ball was rolling when Obama took office.  The bail-out plan that helped the auto companies and banks was started and pushed through by Bush.  Obama was left in a situation where he had to quickly react to that scenario. 

My complaint is health care.  Again - I don't want government involvement where it shouldn't be! 
  • Yep, he inherited quite the mess and he alone can not fix it.  There is a lot going on and it seems that everyone is waiting for the government to fix everything.  I don't think they can.  We all have to help by not expection everything from the government.

College costs are a problem, no doubt and it takes a lot of scrimping and saving to get it going.  We have Parent Plus loans for our girls and they have Stafford and Perkins loans.  They also worked throughout their time at school to pay for books and spending money.  Even so I have $56,000 in loans and they each have $25,000.  Mine will be paid off in 20 years and theirs in 10 years. One went ot a SUNY school and the other went to a private school, but got $12,000 a year in grants from the school so it was not much more than the SUNY school.  I see you are headed for Morrisville.  Are you in the Equine Program? 

Right now, the right to choose  abortion is allowed by the Constitution and he must uphold and defend it as the President until such time that it is not allowed.  He can not just do away with it.
  • I dont like him. I dont like what he is doing but this bailout plan has kept my business busy so i cant complain about that.
    I dont like his way of thinking or anything he stand for. I dont trust him at all with anything. But we are stuck with him so lets make the best out of it.
    matt
  • [quote=grandmadeb]

Yep, he inherited quite the mess and he alone can not fix it.  There is a lot going on and it seems that everyone is waiting for the government to fix everything.  I don't think they can.  We all have to help by not expection everything from the government.

College costs are a problem, no doubt and it takes a lot of scrimping and saving to get it going.  We have Parent Plus loans for our girls and they have Stafford and Perkins loans.  They also worked throughout their time at school to pay for books and spending money.  Even so I have $56,000 in loans and they each have $25,000.  Mine will be paid off in 20 years and theirs in 10 years. One went ot a SUNY school and the other went to a private school, but got $12,000 a year in grants from the school so it was not much more than the SUNY school.  I see you are headed for Morrisville.  Are you in the Equine Program? 

Right now, the right to choose  abortion is allowed by the Constitution and he must uphold and defend it as the President until such time that it is not allowed.  He can not just do away with it.

I relize that he came in at a bad time and all but he has not done much to fix it.

I am going to a SUNY school and with the max amount of money I can take out w/o my parents taking a loan I am still short and the college is giving me money on top of the fed+ state stuff. And yes the Equine program... 8/21/09 is move in!!!
    I am completly against abotion I don't care what the problem is it is murder! There are other options.
    Liz
  • [quote=jungle_cat]

He's not for abortion, he is for choice.  There is a difference.
    There is not a diffrence... you are either for or against it. If you are por-choise then you are for it, pro- life agianst. Abotion is murder no matter how you look at it.
    Liz
  • [quote=quarterhorse105]

[quote=jungle_cat]

There is not a diffrence... you are either for or against it. If you are por-choise then you are for it, pro- life agianst. Abotion is murder no matter how you look at it.
    Liz

I alway have a saying. save a tree kill a baby, that is the democrats way of thinking.
  • [quote=hoyt_bowhunting]

[quote=quarterhorse105]

[quote=jungle_cat]

Liz

I alway have a saying. save a tree kill a baby, that is the democrats way of thinking.

Thats a good saying hoyt_bowhunting

So what do y'll think about our new president? I personally think he sucks! He is for abortion which I am completely against![:@][&o] I think the whole bail-out was stupid. What her should have done is given money to the farmer and the people who need it! And correct me if I am wrong but is he not for getting a higher eduction, if he is then he should make it more affordable for people to go to college. I mean I am going to be a freshman this fall at a state college and by the end of my 4 years I will have about 45,000 to pay off in loans plus interest![:@] So what happened to all this money???[8|] Maybe it is just be me, but he does not have the experience to be a president!
    Liz

GIRL I'M WITH YOU 110%!!!!

• If its a medical reason like its you or the baby thats one thing but if you just don't want a baby oh heck no! its murder! there is no dif in pro choice and murder like quarterhorse105 said ! you know what Bush made mistakes! TO BAD NOBODYS PERFECT i don't think there was one person worth a crap running for office this time around! McCain  vs Obama choosing between both evils. i personally think that if you did some research and found out about Obamas past like the facts that he is NOT a christian although he may claim he is and  he studied the Koran. Don't say oh he's only one man and he can't change the world in however long he's been in office. He has done nothing but SPEND SPEND SPEND where are our bailouts? Talk to the people that have been laid off and see how the people living on the streets and starving are doing because they can't find jobs! Talk to people like me that are dirt floor poor and have had to go weeks  feeding their horses nothing but hay in a dry lot because their parents couldn't afford to feed them and the animals! How about the people living in a freakin box because those big time guys on wallstreet won't take a second look at the people on mainstreet! You know it may just be me but i think his kids work their butts off to get a little money! Its sad that all these commercials on TV say "for only 60 cents a day you can feed starving kids in Kenya" WHAT ABOUT THE STARVING KIDS IN AMERICA!!!!! 
    Abotion is murder no matter how you look at it.

Obviously its not, or else it wouldn't be legal.  Murder is not legal, but abortion is.  If it was so clear-cut then there wouldn't be huge debates on the subject. 

• [quote=jungle_cat]

[quote=quarterhorse105]
    Abotion is murder no matter how you look at it.

Obviously its not, or else it wouldn't be legal.  Murder is not legal, but abortion is.  If it was so clear-cut then there wouldn't be huge debates on the subject. 

however it is killing an unborn child.
  • Its killing a fetus, yes.  Usually at an age that it can not survive outside of the womb.

However, this is an argument that will get us no-where.  I know I won't change your mind and you won't be changing mine.  Currently the law IS pro-choice and I highly doubt it will change with a Dem in office.  I was surprised that a bigger push was not made to get it changed when a republican was in office for 8 years. 
  • now this might seem weird to us western cultures,
    but the chinese  count your age by the date of comception.
    so when you are born  you are 9monts old.
  • err that wass random LOL but still a fetus is still a child with a soul it was put on earth for a reason.