Quick Post

Hello, new here, thought id introduce ourselves =)

Hello, new here, thought id introduce ourselves =)
  • Hello, Im new here and thought id introduce myself and my boy, Im Hollie and my horse is Keboe, We live in Oregon,  he is a 5 year old Arab/qutr cross gelding, i just recentley got him 2 weeks ago, I was born and raised around horses but 10 years ago after a bad horse accident, and then loosing my 33 year old gelding i had since his birth,  i got out of horses and just focused on raising my kids, I just now have gotten back into the horses now that my kids are rasied.  I plan on making him my best friend and hoping to do alot of trail riding and just pleasure time with him. =)

• Welcome
    Pretty boy!
    Glad you joined us.
  • WOW he's beautiful!  What exact color is he?  Something black-based judging from the nose/lips.  How old?  Broke?  Height?  Inquiring minds ':)']

How old are your kids? I have two boys, 18 & 25.  AND 4 horses.
  • Welcome from Sweet Home (not Alabama). Your story is similar to mine. Good luck with your new best friend. [';)']
  • @ Hunterseat---Notta problem, inquiring minds are all good with me, I LOVE talking bout my guy =) and im not real sure, he was sold to me as a black, iv been told hes a sun bleached black now, I know he got bit by a horse where i got him from, and it grew back in just as black as black can be, so im guessing hes a black but seriously bleached out ?? im not real familiar with the black coloring,  he is 5, and greenbroke, right now hes nearing 15 hands, hes in your pocket SWEEETTT !!!! its crazy, hes like a puppy dog, My children are  18, 21, and 24.... I only have the one horse and plan to keep it that way so i can spoil him rotten , =)  ....... your children are older to, ?? that means more horsie time now huh ?? YYAAEEEE !!!! =)  I love it !! now my time can be devoted to my horse.
  • @Durangoramma--- THANKS !!! hee hee, now I have that song stuck in my head , thanks for the welcome, and is that sweet home oregon ?? my sis lives down that way
  • @danehaven... thanks ya, i dont like bragging, lol  but i cant help it, ....OH MY !!! I still cant believe i got him,   i just got him 2 weeks ago, hes been my dream horse since i was only 10, so here i am 40, and FINALLY got my dream horse, I still cant believe it !!!! I just LOVE HIM !! the gal needed him gone by winter, she was preg and just no longer had time for him, she let him go for only 500 !!!! I was like uumm......let me think....YESSSSSS, ILL BUY HIM !!! =) lol looking forward to a full lifetime with him.
  • Welcome  to the board Hollie ! Your horse is amazing ! I'm glad that you managed to find your way back into horses once again. Once they're in your blood it's hard to get them out. I've got two horses myself and I can't imagine life without them. I've had horses for almost 40 years so I'm completely addicted to them. I kope you like it here as much as I do !
  • Hi Keboe, you're really close to me, i live in portland ':)' I have 1 horse of my own, and 3 others that are basically mine lol. If you ever want trail riding partners I'm sure we can hook up!
  • @KyAngel---- Thanks , yea, its truly been amazing already, actually went on a trail ride today with some friends, first time in YEEARRSS!!! HAD A BLAST, but going to take awhile, im pretty SOAR !! I couldnt take my guy since he needs a trim, I just got him 2 weeks ago, and my farrier isnt able to come out till tomorow =(

• @Lovespaints---
       Always nice to have riding partners, my daughter rides but shes basically into english showing, where is i like to just get out and enjoy the trails and sight seeing, not sure her horse would do well out of the arena...... Are you familiar with any good riding areas around here ??, Iv seen up in molalla theres an area where alot of people go riding up by the river, but never ridden there myself......always been curiouse though =)
  • I think the nicest thing you can do for an English showhorse is take them out on the trail and let them relax and be a horse.  I hope your daughter gives it a try!

That's great that there's someone so close to you!  Personally I travel and have met a lot of people from this forum.  Some of my favorite people are here! [':)']

Looking forward to hearing more exciting things about your adventures!
  • Welcome to the board Keboe.  Yeah, when the youngsters leave it's tempting to jump up and down with one's arms in the air and do cartwheels shouting FREEDOM!!    Mine have all been gone for almost ten years, however I had a serious reversal and am now just getting to where you are.  I hope to be able to start over again soon.   All the best on your next chapter.

Oh by the by, Very nice horse.  He looks to be Crabbet or possibly Nabor breeding?  Such a sweet face and kind eye! 
  • Yeah Keboe, there is lots of places, Stub Stewart, Reehers Camp, Pacific City.. all kinds! ':)' Do you have a trailer as well? We have a 3 horse, that can fit 4, but most of the time it is full
  • Such a beautiful face on your boy.  Welcome to the forum, by the way.  I missed this when you posted, glad I found it.