Quick Post

Took a trip to meet a few girls and a boy.

Took a trip to meet a few girls and a boy.
  • There's a forum member who never comes here anymore (Summer) who has a hackney, I believe.  She decided to learn dressage on her horse and the both of them started showing dressage!  Plus I remember her saying she would pull stuff around on a snow sled with her horse (hay bales, etc) so she used her horse for a little work.  Pretty cool.  Wish she could see yours Stude.
  • Wow, the toolbars are working this morning!  Hopefully they'll post as well.

Hunter, what happened to Summer?  It would be nice to have another Hacknie-oh-phile on the board.    One can hope that she's been lurking and might be lured out of hiding?
  • Nope, the toolbars are still not Moronically Stupid Insanely Erronious 8 compatible.  Pity that.
  • Years ago when we were looking for a new horse for Kelly, we tried out a Hackney/Arab mare.  She was absolutely gorgeous, about 15.2, conformationally perfect and she was the one I would have chosen but Kelly fell in love w/ Tahoe...... I felt like she was better put together and as a mare, more valuable than a gelding but the heart goes where it goes......

She was also the kind of liver chestnut coloring.  Do they all come in that color, Stude?
  • There used to be a few Suffolk Punch horses over in Lebanon (about 15 miles away). I haven't seen them now for a couple of years. Another lovely, "endangered" breed.

Can't wait to see what you do with yours.