Quick Post

Im gunna be a show off!:D (My rescue then and now!:D)

Im gunna be a show off!:D (My rescue then and now!:D)
  • Ok, So I picked "Molly" up May 31st 2010, she was a sad 3 or 4 year old filly begging for attention, care and food! I got her from her rescuer-IF I believe her story that is! When they brought her up to us they had had a fight to get her into the trailer, and had thus loaded her dam up with her! I got her to back out of the trailer as soon as she saw that I had a bucket! My husband took her lead rope and put her into her new stall she never even turned around or made a sound as her dam was in the trailer screaming and freaking! It made my heart VERY heavy to think that we couldnt afford both of them as she was in nearly as bad of shape as my girl!

Now here is the newly renamed Mystic that night! It took me 3 hours to clean out her mane the whole time she stood there munching on hay not even moving an inch!! It also took us 15 min to get her halter off, it was on quite permanently!

Here is the next month or so!

Her first bath-so June 20something

and here are some from November!

And her and I early this month

So needles to say I am SUPER excited to get her under saddle and start riding!!

Thanks for reading and seeing how my girl has progressed!
  • I have to tell you, that looking at the before pics, my heart ached for her and her mother. When I saw the recent pics, it looked like a different horse! God bless you and your love for animals! There are so many unwanted horses out there, and all they need is feed, love and a brush.  She is really beautiful and you have every right to "show off"
  • [quote=onedarstar]

I have to tell you, that looking at the before pics, my heart ached for her and her mother. When I saw the recent pics, it looked like a different horse! God bless you and your love for animals! There are so many unwanted horses out there, and all they need is feed, love and a brush.  She is really beautiful and you have every right to "show off"

Thank you!':)'  Yes her pictures are SOO sad!':('  I cant even really remember her being like that, as all I remember is that she was beautiful and so willing to please!  I am VERY glad to say that her dam was sold at auction....went to what I hear is a good home!':D'  Im hoping to some time get into contact with her new owner and learn what happened to her!':)'
  • Love them!  Even when thin, she had a beautiful face and a nice eye.  She certainly is a lucky horse to have you find her and give her a home.
  • [quote=Connie]

Love them!  Even when thin, she had a beautiful face and a nice eye.  She certainly is a lucky horse to have you find her and give her a home.

Thank you Connie!':D' Yes I thought she was beautiful when I went to look at her.  However I looked from the legs up';)'  Just as everyone had said to do!LOL  My husband just kept saying how he loved her face(not a real horse person';)') but I just checked her legs, back and such!=D  Im SO pleased with how she has turned out...not bad for a $75 dollar deliver fee!':D'
  • She looks happy and healthy!!! Good work!

• Thank you horsenheelers':D'  Yes she has become a VERY happy girl!':)'
  • What is she again?  I suspect every auction horse with a long back and upright neck to be a Standardbred. [':D']

Great job!  Looks like a beauty!!!

Lip tattoo?

OH, and brag ANY time!!!
  • [quote=hunterseat]

What is she again?  I suspect every auction horse with a long back and upright neck to be a Standardbred. [':D']

Great job!  Looks like a beauty!!!

Lip tattoo?

OH, and brag ANY time!!!

haha...nope no tat and if there is any Standardbred in her its mixed with Arabian!LOL  She was actually a free find on Craigslist, I wasnt looking for a horse[';)']but husband said we could go look(as I had gotten pictures of her in GOOD weight!)  When I saw her and watched her move there wasnt anyway I was going to leave her with that...........woman!!
  • She's beautiful!  Such a sweet face and eyes - she does know how blessed and lucky she is to have a wonderful "mom" like you that rescued her and brought her to life????  What do you plan to do with her?  Trail? Show? Breed? blah blah... 
  • You've come such a long way! Great job ':)' She's so pretty.
  • Great JOB!!!!!  I love that! 
  • she's strong. Good luck to you!!!
  • Poor girl.  I hate it that so many animals are mistreated and neglected. I'm so glad you've given her a great home and a second chance.  She looks amazing!! 
  • pics are really too good Nice healthy horse and sweat as well God Bless.
    ==================
    Earl Nunes