Quick Post

My new Finnhorsemare

My new Finnhorsemare
  • Some of you may still  remember me, I started writing to this forum in 2006 I suppose...when I still had my first finnhorsemare Lilli. She is still the one and only..but unfortunately due to her health problems she is now spending her retirement with another owner. She is in good hands though so that's good.

Anyway, after her I rode my friends' horses and had a brief ownership of a finnhorse stallion that we gelded. That was a mispurchase because I did not get along with him in the first place. He had to be put down later due to health problems (muscle damage from a carriage incident when he was younger and summer rash/itch).

Now, along came Molla. She is an 11 year-old Finnhorse mare. I was not thinking about purchasing a horse right now but when I saw her and rode her for the first time she just seemed like a perfect companion. Here are some pictures of her. Obviously it helps that she is absolutely adorable!

• Another picture. I'm not sure how to upload multiple pictures. 

But here's us just a week ago. It's freezing here in Finland -15 degrees C ':)'

• Welcome back!  Your new mare is absolutely gorgeous and looks so sweet too!  Sorry to hear Lily has some health problems but glad you found a good place for her.  Sorry to hear about the stallion too......

Seems to be a colder than usual winter.  Even here in southern California, many of my plants are dying from being so cold.......  Riding bareback in -15 C looks like a warm idea ':)'
  • Thanks danastark ':)'

Riding bareback is the best idea in these weathers I think! Too bad my new mare is still a handful to go trail riding, so no easygoing trips in the snowy forest for us just yet.. : P Maybe next year!

She has been a trotter before I bought her so she is just getting used to the "easy life" and riding. Maybe she still has some extra energy from all the running ':D'
  • So good to see you, friend!!!  I have to say, your mare makes me want to REALLY visit France!! WOW!!!  She's gorgeous!!!  If she was a trotter then she's going to be awesome for you on trails after a few wet saddle blankets, as the expression goes.  My horse, Zag, was a bit unnerving at the beginning (he can have his moments) but it's never against me.  It's always something in his head that makes him want to be frisky.  I think you'll be on the trails in no time.  I absolutely LOVE Molla!!!  Is there a story behind her name? 

btw, you look great on her!
  • hunterseat: It's nice to see that there are still a lot of familiar names here. ':)' I'm sure she'll come around when we get to know each other better. She has been on trails before, but she has had her ears plugged so she's a bit skittish now that I don't do that. We live in Finland, you're welcome to visit her if you're ever traveling in Europe. ':)'

Her real name roughly translates to Spirit of Joy, Molla is just a nickname I came up with.
  • I was driving across Arkansas today and it occurred to me NIAGRA lives in France!  I'm sorry I got you confused.  You had a nice little smaller horse before that you were riding didn't you?  Someone else's? a little gray?  Or maybe palomino....  Anyway, I LOVE YOUR NEW MARE!!! 

• Yes, I was riding my friend's gray ponymare. She is a wonderful pony, my friend sold her to a new home a while back.

[quote=hunterseat]

I was driving across Arkansas today and it occurred to me NIAGRA lives in France!  I'm sorry I got you confused.  You had a nice little smaller horse before that you were riding didn't you?  Someone else's? a little gray?  Or maybe palomino....  Anyway, I LOVE YOUR NEW MARE!!! 

• [quote=floCha]

Another picture. I'm not sure how to upload multiple pictures. 

But here's us just a week ago. It's freezing here in Finland -15 degrees C ':)'

You have a beautiful horse.

• tanya: thank you!
  • This is my new finnhorse mare Molla enjoying the snowy winter here in Finland.
    -------------------------------------------
    Earl Nunes
  • Earl, do you know flocha???  Pretty horse!
  • hunterseat you have a good horse, I like it.
    --------------------------
    Earl
  • One of my Friend have a good Finnhorsemare too goo like it.
    =======================
    Earl Nunes

• Hello everyone,
    This is my new Finnhorsemare and he is too nice and I like to ride on him.
    ==================
    Seraja