Quick Post

New Name For Paint Mare

New Name For Paint Mare
  • I have gone through list after list of names for my new (and first) horse. She is a 14.3hh 9 year old red dun tobiano APHA. Her registered name is Orange Crush Kitty, and was called Crush at her previous home. Definitely want to change it. She is so gorgeous and sweet! And she is such a pretty mover, as well as super smooth to ride. I already have two birds by names of Puck and Hermes, and a dog named Bella. So those names are out of the question. I love to read, and it would be great to name her after one of my favorite books. I shortened my list to the following, with the book they're from: Calla (Nightshade by Andrea Cremer) Effie (The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins) Amity (Divergent by Veronica Roth) Piper (Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan)Dove (Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater) Tessa "Tess" (The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare) I am really between Dove and Tess, though. The thing is, I've dreamed of having a horse named Dove for a long time (Don't ask me why). But the name is kind of weak. And Tessa is a much stronger name, and you can shorten it for a nickname. And, I already have a pet named after the Scorpio Races. But, for whatever reason, it's really hard for me to let go of the name Dove. Tessa has some Greek meaning to do with the number Four, which is kinda Divergent
  • , which I love <3.  I'm stuck.  Here is a link to some pictures, some from her owners, some that I just took today.  There are a lot (sorry), but I'm ecstatic to finally have my lifelong dream.  She did just move in to a new herd so she does have some marks from that.  Oh, and should she ever need a show name, I was thinking somewhere along the line of Morning Dove/Tessa Gray.  Maybe.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Oh, and maybe if you gave a reason why you think the certain name would fit.  It would be nice to see what others think of the name.  Thanks again!

• WOW! She's beautiful!! I knew a mare named Orange Crush in the Memphis area. She was such a beautiful mover, too. I got to ride her, too. :)

As I read through your list of choices, Tessa and Dove stood out for me, too! But to hear you say you always wanted a horse named Dove, I think that's the direction you should go. When you put Gray in there - not getting it - not with her beautiful non-gray color.

Cool that you read! Fairly uncommon these days!

This forum is slow. Lots of lurkers. I hope some of them will actually log in and give their opinions!!

• [quote user="@hunterseat"]

When you put Gray in there - not getting it - not with her beautiful non-gray color.

Ya, the "gray" is from the original character she is named after- Theresa "Tessa" Gray.  But I do appreciate your response :)