Quick Post

Socks, Chance, and the Tuff-Man at Clay Station

Socks, Chance, and the Tuff-Man at Clay Station
  • Okay... here's a try at the new format/forum for pictures.  As I recall I have to use Picassa and load them from the URL.  So we shall see how well this works.

this wasn't one of our better outings.  Things went wrong from the beginning.  First my back went out in February and it went downhill from there.  Then there was a family emergency that left me and the horses stranded out in a parking lot (under trees thank Heaven) for six hours whilst the whole debacle was straightened out.  In all, the trip was nine hours for the horses and Chance (all pony that he is) bided his time and took it out on poor jmebear at the show.  The Tuff-Man was a basket case on Saturday morning but evened out by the end of the day.  Sadly, the buyers that came to see him only saw walking around on his hind-legs like a circus pony whilst in the cart.  This wasn't a selling point.  They didn't see him put in the outstanding Dressage test or the fastest time in cones (double-clear at that!) for the entire weekend!  Nonetheless, Tuffy earned the admiration of an outstanding advanced driver and the owner of the facility.  He is now living at Clay Station Horse Park in Wilton.

Socks took the long ride in the trailer philosophically and was a good boy all weekend.  He was his usual goofy self during the Dressage test and has yet to learn that cones aren't just for playing with (No Socks!  We go between the cones, not over them!  No, you may NOT pick up the cone!).  I'm just waiting for the day when he picks up a cone and carries it around during the rest of the course.

There are many more photos at this location if anyone is interested:

https://picasaweb.google.com/101819196409529558537/ClayStationMay2014?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCISq8dSB-Ymzaw&feat=directlink

Ah, I see links don't work.  Okay, you'll have to copy and paste in another window.

• Wow!  Socks looks stunning to me :)  Which pony is Tuffy?  Sorry it wasn't your best trip but your pictures make it look wonderful!  

• Love the little painted pony. Is that Tuffy? he looks fast! They all look wonderful. I'm glad Tuffy found a good home.

• Tuff-man is the little paint pony in the wire-wheeled cart.  Chance is the black pony and he's the speed demon.  The judge loved Socks' way of going.  She's a ridden Dressage judge and was amazed the horse could move like that naturally without shoes or special training.  I think we might have made another convert for Hackneys, LOL!  The lady asked me later what kind of shoes I put on him and I told her Socks had never been shod in his life.  I don't think she believed me.  This Fall we might actually be able to perform a decent dressage test.  We shall see.  Socks is coming along nicely.