Quick Post

Guinness my mustang - 1 year

Guinness my mustang - 1 year
  • A year ago St. Paddy's day I took an hour and half trip to see a mustang that had been at an adoption earlier that month. Just so happened that the mustang I liked was now at a TIP trainers and still available.

Here he is at the adoption - the one looking at the camera...

Here he was at the TIP trainer's St Paddy's day 2012 - the day I decided to adopt him. He was very leery of me but could be enticed with some sweet feed!

And yesterday - 1 year later. He can be a bit of a camera hog!

Where are those treats?

• Absolutely love his coloring!  I'm a sucker for liver chestnuts ':)'

Our neighbors are boarding a horse at our place, a rescue from a foreclosed home, trying to figure out what he is, no brand or anything.  Is your boy branded?

He freaks out when enclosed in a trailer, corner, etc.

So neat to see when they decide you are OK and a source of goodies and scratches ':)'
  • That last picture is gorgeous. Love his neck! Looks so huggable!!
  • His color is up for debate (been discussed quite a bit on other forums) and I'm planning to send in a sample for DNA testing.  I love dark liver chestnut and that is what I thought when I first saw him at the adoption.  Its hard to see in these pictures but his eyes are quite light and more of a dark amber - like what you sometimes fine with horses carrying a single cream gene, and after seeing him shed through the seasons - I am now highly suspicious of him being a smokey black.  He sheds in pitch black, but fades so easily and that would explain that.  And his eye color matches another smokey I know and a buckskin.  So I am thinking of testing him for the cream gene.

Yes - he has a brand and its hidden under his thick mane.  Its not very clear either.  Its a white blur in his winter coat and you can some-what make out the symbols in his summer coat.

HS - Yes, I love his neck!  You should see him move - he just naturally holds that head on the verticle with a really pretty arch to his neck.  His TIP trainer just loved it - but she is a dressage fanatic and I think she was seeing potential dressage propspect!  LOL. 

He is also very huggable.  ':)' 
  • Wow he is one gorgeous horse! My BO owns a buckskin mustang made that she adopted from the BLM many years ago. I love mustangs.

And Cayden is the same way, she fades into black but fades into more of the dark liver chestnut color then black again over the summer. Like her coat changes color every month it's funny.xD
  • My hoof trimmer does dressage and just got a mustang a few months ago. She loves him. He's doing really well with dressage and is very light with the aids. She says he's the most talented horse she's had. Maybe you should try that. [';)']