Quick Post

Hello, new here, thought id introduce ourselves =)

Hello, new here, thought id introduce ourselves =)
  • Thanx Connie,  I am so proud of him, i still cant believe hes mine, or should i say, "Im his " lol =) i was looking at your avitar pic and WOW !!! what a beautiful face you horse has, thats actually the coloring and marking i wanted , but then i found my boy and his personality just melted me.....
  • thanx studeclunker--- Im actually not sure what his lines are, he didnt come with papers, but that was ok with me cause i was just after a campanion horse, papers really didnt matter to me... Do you have any horses now ?? i cant believe the market prices have dropped sooooo dramatically since i had horses 10 years ago, its crazy !!
  • @ Hunterseat----
       Well you may be hearing alot about our adventures, LOL !!! cause right now were just headed out to mount him for the first time, iv only had him 2 weeks, they said he had 30 days training but we couldnt ride before buying cause of their liability concerns,.. now i know that shoulda been a red flag for me but i went on my gut feelings and heart and took the chance that hes a good boy, and has had some training, eeeekksss =( im a little worried bout this but were gonna give this a shot......
  • *tilts head and listens for ambulance sirens* [':D']
  • @hunterseat----
      lol.....that was funny, =)  believe me, i was thinkin the same thing, buuuuuttt....... guess my heart was right =) ok, so we saddled no prob, he was a little tip toey, but pretty much slept thru it all , we proceeded to lunge him, hes sooo incredibly lazy, NOTHING spooks this guy, so he was just completly lazy to it all, took a bit but we finally mounted, and my daughter was on him, with me holding the lunge line...... he did absolutely FANTASTIC !!! he had no clue what we wanted as far as cues, he looked and acted so confused, yet he really wanted to please us..... within half hour he was learning pretty darn fast .. my conclusion..... 1) he was either already broke and just a lazy stubborn mule who refused to do anything  or .......2) he wasnt broke, but was so good natured he never protested a thing and he started learning real fast..... hmm......either way, it was a success, and  im happy. wev got along ways to go on teaching his commands, but im happy with day (1)  =)
  • YAY!!!!  *slips bandaids back into first aid kit*

That really is wonderful! 
  • Thanks for saying you like Harley's photo.  He is a pretty special horse.  He is supposed to be Hubby's horse so I try to not get too bonded with him.  He is a Missouri Fox Trotter and he is a really smooth ride.  He is one of those special fellas that can be ridden daily or a few times a year and he pretty much stays the same.

Glad you are had success with your horse for the first saddling and mounting.  Sounds like you picked a good one.
  • awww.... well, ....you can get attatched to him to, even if he is hubbys horse, =)    he sure is beautiful for sure !!!
    and yea, i am still waiting for the huge explosion, I still cant figure out why she sold me my horse soooo incredibly cheap, it was just to good to be true, but hes a porky healthy guy, and so far cant find a thing wrong....??? she even trailerd him home for me an hour away the very next day, ..... but i went with my gut feelings, and she was really a nice girl , and i trusted her, and i had a good feeling about the horse.
  • Maybe she really wanted him to go to a good home and could tell you were it.  He is gorgeous ':)'  Just wear a helmet!
  • That's what I think, too.  She had a good feeling about you!
  • Thnx guys, =)   yea....day two riding today was yet again another success..... "doing happy dance" =)