Quick Post

Meet Rascal

Meet Rascal

• Very nice looking now compared to his starting pics.

and it looks like he is dappling with his coat,  that is good
    shows he is getting healthier.

have you measured his leg length,   from the knee to the fetlock
    they say that is a good indicator of the final height.

You did good JC for buying him.
  • He is like a butterfly, emerging from a chrysalis!  The ugly duckling turning into a swan!
  • Thanks!

I tried measuring from the knee to the cornet band.  Did it a couple times and he seems to fall right between 14.3-15 hands.  I need to try some of the other prediction methods out there and see what they come up with as well. 
  • Here is Rascal's update.  It has been exactly 5 months since he came here...

• Wow!  He's so shiny and smooth!  He looks so relaxed, no longer has that forlorn, lost look in his eyes ':)'  Amazing.  How old did the vet guesstimate he was, around 2?
  • When the vet was out in May he said that "he was at least a year, but not two."  Some somewhere in the yearling mark.  I need to look at his teeth and see about what time they indicate him being two so I get a better idea if he was just turned one or already a long yearling.  When I first got him I didn't believe the guy that he was a yearling - he looked more like a 6 month old weanling, but now I could believe him being closer to 2.
  • Thanks for all to sharing the information.
    about horses photo..
    i am new in this forum...
  • Welcome to the forum!  Let us know if you have any questions - we will be glad to help.
  • I missed the latest pictures!  He's rounded out so nicely!!  WOW!  Great job for a very lucky boy!!
  • I love that head shot

keep  pics posted of him
  • Beautiful color... It is amazing at the change!!!