Quick Post

Tell me what you think...

Tell me what you think...
  • Do I or do I not go to DaneHaven Ranch over Thanksgiving? 

On the one hand.... money IS tight....
    On the other hand, it's a 5 day weekend..... And I can take Wed off, too....

Plus, look how happy I am there....
  • Well, they say you can't buy happiness...
    I say go.  [8D]
  • Cross your fingers for a successful yard sale! [':D']
  • We are waiting for you!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    Part of The Usual Suspects Posse 

• Ummmm, why are you asking pack your bags and GO!!!!!!!!

Use the yard sale money for gas and head. Leave the kids somewhere in between your place and Dane's just for kicks and giggles, HAHAHAHAHAHA

JUST KIDDING about the kids, well maybe not.
  • Was that a serious question? Do expect us to say, "stay home and count your pennies?" Heck no, GO!

Here's that Texas thing again, isn't it? Texas is still calling. GO!
  • I know, I know.  It got a little quiet but it's hard to beat a 5-day weekend!  And I DID see a license plate the other day.....

Is that the pilot on TONTO???  You DID say he's a man's horse, didn't you?  What a motly crew!  But the horses are gorgeous!  Should I bring my royal blue full chaps.... is it chilly at all?  What horse will I ride?  I might bring my Australian and you can put me on a frisky one.  I can really stick in that thing!!!
  • What are you waiting for!??!!!  Hmmm, stay home with 3 leeches or go have fun with Danehaven's posse....... is there a dilemma there?  As long as the menagerie will be well taken care of while you're gone, you deserve to go!
  • Sooo...... Are you coming??????

Yes that is Pilot on Tonto. Jet has been a butthead lately so we swapped last weekend. Tonto was a butthead too. [8D] 
    Tonto is doing so well. Dr K, who treated him after the accident saw him last week and could not believe how terrific he is doing.

What color horse do you want? The 4 on the right are all possibles. Far right, the lovely Sammy Jo, The dashing roan App next to her is Frio, (I want him for my next horse) And of course you've met the palomino butterball Sunny. And the black and white paint is Pecos. Also R's sorrel horse Tank is a possible. If you want frisky, R just started working a 17 hand Dash for Cash horse that reminds me so much of Beau.

Bring your chaps, not sure what next week's forecast is. Lately it has been perfect 75 and sunny. Bring a saddle if you wish.

• Can I come, too?

Not serious, but it sure sounds like a good place to go. My daughter and SIL are in Austin this weekend and going to the UT game. Then they are going to the KC area for the first part of next week and then coming to our house on Thanksgiving day.  Last year they spent Thanksgiving day in Austin. The SIL of trying to get a job in TX, maybe Houston, so someday, I may be making trips to TX myself.
  • I think we should all go to DaneHaven for Thanksgiving.
  • [quote=AppyLady]

I think we should all go to DaneHaven for Thanksgiving.

GREAT idea!!!  ':)'

I have to not even think about the animals, Dana.  I can't afford to board at the moment, which I'd rather do.  I'm wondering how many I can fit in the car and take with me.  ':)'

I'm thinking it's going to happen.  I'll bring the Australian and we can have a rodeo.  ':)'  17 hands is a LOT of horse!
  • I think you should go Beth, and don't forget the camera!!!
  • Thanks Remali. [':)']

I DID make enough at the yard sale for a couple tanks of gas.....

I've already got the kids prepared for me leaving.  Unfortunately I have to buy them groceries.  *sigh*

• [quote=AppyLady]

I think we should all go to DaneHaven for Thanksgiving.

Well come on down! (I better get another turkey [8D])

We had a gorgeous ride yesterday. 
    Weather for Turkey day is sunny and 63 
    Friday surprise R&C ride and pick up Frio, will be sunny and 67
    Saturday trail ride with most of The Usual Suspects 
    Sunday Cowboy Church 
    Monday Ride with a friend on the Little Devil's River

Do you want to do anything besides ride??????