Quick Post

Hey, Miracle Whip...... you here?!

Hey, Miracle Whip...... you here?!
  • How is it going today Summer?   I've been in the same boat before too, had a couple employers let me go due to my IBS, it's tough but keep your chin up....things will get better and you will find a nicer place to work for.
  • Hey I remember Jessica Burkhart.  Did you use her?  I contacted her a year ago or so and I was going to enroll in her class but I didn't.  Please PM me and let me know about your experience.  I have been seriously considering potential articles for the horse magazine that I have been published in previously, and to look into what I need to have to be more marketable to the local newspaper. 

Gaited, you don't own your threads.  You can post nasty things here on horse.com - until the unseen administrators, if there are any here get involved.  I'd rather you didn't.  Let my few supporters visit me here since you now have Baywind forum to yourself.  Its only fair.  If I recall- I asked you where the dressage pictures were on your photo of the Paint.  Snarky yes, but surely not threatening by any means.   Again, the internet is available to anyone with a computer.  Until you own Baywind Forum, nothing on it is exclusively yours.

Today was rather emotional, but I always get upset and go into my "the sky is falling" mode when things like this happen.  I was outside and we hauled wood today so that helped.  Hubby and I tried to outline a few plans on how to make our lives better.  This happened after we went to a local auction for a little stress relief and I could smell chew on Bob's breath.  Told him I didn't need the stress...

Had a coworker from the nursing home call me this morning to say she was sorry to see me go.  That helped.

• Morning Summer!  Good idea to get outside and do things, I know when I'm stressed out it helps me a lot.  That was nice of your co-worker to call you, you have more friends there than you realize I bet.  But, I sure know how hurtful and upsetting something like that is..... I will never totally get over what happened to me when my Dad died, I was off for a couple weeks on FMLA , I got a nasty email from a co-worker while I was off on leave as to "why" I needed to be off work (well gee, my Dad was dying and on home hospice and I was taking care of him....), my first day back after the funeral my boss hauls me in the office and was horrible to me about missing work... I let her know what I thought.  I should have reported them, because they cannot harrass you while on FMLA, but, I didn't.   Still, I know what you are going thru with the loss of a job and all the crap that goes with it.....hang in there, it will get better and it means that you will find a better employer!  Healthcare facilities are among the worst to work for when it comes to stuff like that, or so I have been told by a state worker who handles claims like that.  A good friend of mine was an RN for many years, she finally had to quit and is no longer an RN due to all that nastiness she got from people where she worked, it made her so upset and rundown she got sick and ended up in the hospital (she worked at a nursing home, and at a clinic). Some of those places are pretty rough.
  • I had a similar experience years ago.  My Dad was dying from lung cancer and my Mom was caring for him. He was on morphine and totally out of it.  We lived in the country.  Wal-mart management asked me to stay late one night and I said I'd rather not, that Mom was alone with him...etc.

Manager got snippy and asked a lot of questions, like he thought I was making things up.  I said he had less than 6 weeks to live, yes he was dying...  felt it was assine that I had to explain his health situation, felt like he was asking for a doctor's opinion or something.
  • Please remember that attacking other members' here is against the forum rules and will be followed by disciplinary action should it continue.

This is a general warning to all those involved - if you can't deal with other members the best thing to do is stay away from them.

Thank you,

Avid Horseman,
    Administrator
  • Avid, Remali and I are NOT attacking Gaited and we have no interest in her whatsoever.  She came here and accused us, I know it was wrong to bring the drama to this forum - ie, quoting her comments that she made...which, I think anyone would call inappropriate.  If I posted on her pictures, well, like I said, the internet is free.  Its not trolling to ask where the double bridle etc was when she gets snippy and brags about her dressage skills.  This all happened on another forum, not here.

We have no intentions of posting anything further anywhere on this forum about Gaited.

PS - I remember you from when horse.com first came out.  I thought we respected each other then.  How long have you known Gaited??
  • Avid....  could I just ask a question, I am not upset or mad or being snarky..... but I am really CONFUSED.  What was it that I said in any of my posts that was an attack?  I do not recall saying anything nasty, and I do not recall attacking anyone.  

Sorry, I really hate this whole scene..... but I am seriously confused and I do apologize....if you want to not answer that is OK too.....but I guess I was a bit shocked to see some of my post removed.

Anyway.....best to put it all behind us.  No hard feelings.
  • I can understand why you are confused............seems like some things can go on unchecked, be insulting, inappropriate and outright lies but nary a word is said yet for something like this you get a warning. And just when the board is getting busy again, figures.

• Ah well....   I guess it is best to let it go, and just forget it ....    and go back to talking horses....   LOL.
  • Being an impartial observer to these types of things sometimes requires me to choose to give a general reminder to all that there are rules that may be violated.  Reality is that I WON'T choose who is right or wrong; rather, I will just remove items that can be construed as being offensive to either party, provide a general public "reminder" of the rules, and usually leave it at that.

Remember that just because someone didn't mean for a statement to be offensive doesn't mean the receiver of the message doesn't take it as such.  This is and always will be the problem with the typewritten word.  When speaking, we can gather information on the meaning of the message through voice tone, inflection, and visual cues such as facial expressions and body language - this is why typewritten words must be carefully chosen to ensure the message that was intended to be conveyed is actually received.

Now, on top of all this, the admins and mods must try to maintain a general "feeling" within the forum for all members to feel welcome to express their thoughts and ideas without harmful persecution, name-calling, etc. regardless of the intent.  Occasionally this may leave people with the thought that they shouldn't have been mentioned or punished.  While this is unfortunate it is also unavoidable.

The bottom line is that if you go to post something that, if it were said to you or about you, you would not care for yourself I would recommend rewriting it or just don't say it at all.

• [quote=mom2rumthewarmblood]

I can understand why you are confused............seems like some things can go on unchecked, be insulting, inappropriate and outright lies but nary a word is said yet for something like this you get a warning. And just when the board is getting busy again, figures.

If you feel that there is another issue elsewhere that needs to be addressed, by all means let one of us know.
  • Thanks Avid.... fair enough, that sounds good and makes sense to me.
  • [quote=Remali]

Ah well....   I guess it is best to let it go, and just forget it ....    and go back to talking horses....   LOL.

Yep that's my philosophy.....just don't know why some people have to turn a horse forum into a political forum. There are plenty of other places specifically geared for those topics. Just wanting to stir things up, I suppose. So best to just ignore those kinds of things.

• [quote=Avid Horseman]

[quote=mom2rumthewarmblood]

I can understand why you are confused............seems like some things can go on unchecked, be insulting, inappropriate and outright lies but nary a word is said yet for something like this you get a warning. And just when the board is getting busy again, figures.

If you feel that there is another issue elsewhere that needs to be addressed, by all means let one of us know.

So you just give warnings if someone points out offensive material? Because you sure showed up quick on this thread to make your presence known. There are quite a few threads that are very offensive to me, are outright lies but I never saw you show up and give your reminder about the rules speech.

I am certain you remain as objective as possible but there sure are some inconsistencies in when and where you show up to admonish people. JMHO.
  • [quote=mom2rumthewarmblood]

[quote=Avid Horseman]

So you just give warnings if someone points out offensive material? Because you sure showed up quick on this thread to make your presence known. There are quite a few threads that are very offensive to me, are outright lies but I never saw you show up and give your reminder about the rules speech.

As I said, if you think there is something that needs to be addressed, make it known to any one of the moderators or administrators.  Understand this though,  just because you bring it up does not mean you will get the result you want.

There have been several times I've been made aware of a situation that I've decided to leave alone and see where it leads - obvious violations aside.  While we try to cover everything there is the possibility that something gets missed.  This is why the reporting or ticketing system exists as well as just sending a PM.  In my case, just posting the word "avid" will get my attention too.

I am certain you remain as objective as possible but there sure are some inconsistencies in when and where you show up to admonish people. JMHO.

And you have every right to it.