Quick Post

hunterseat's epic journey /PICS ADDED

hunterseat's epic journey /PICS ADDED
  • my mom hunterseat wanted me to tell everyone that we are in jersey at a hotel and moving along
  • about there are you two.   Hope you both are enjoying the vacation

if you guys come back through Pa.   stop at the Laural Caverns in western Pa
    or Gettesburgh Pa.    alot of history.   really alot of stuff in that corner of the world.

or Harpers Ferry.  site of John Browns raid on the union arsenal.   down in the southern
    part of Wva.   Green Bank Radio Obseratory.   (free tour)    Cass Railroad is not far
    from Green Bank either.    then there is Black Water Falls state park   Seneca Cavern &
    Smoke hole caverns.    Seneca caverns is  the better of the two.   

• ROFL!  I see he managed to get on here last night! 
  • ya kinda gotta clean out the PM box if you want replies missy
  • Buckwild??? A perfect name for Keath!! LOL
    Hope yall are safe and having fun.
  • Awww.... I'm sorry.  My pm box says it's not half full.   I've cleaned and I've cleaned.   But all is well.  It's great seeing you guys.  And yes, BuckWild came up with that name on his own, can you believe it?  We have 3 more nights here then on to codyscorral's and we're going to try to swing by KaliK's, too.  
  • Someday you'll have to make a trip to good ol' Washington state ':)'
  • Oh Jill, you better believe I want to.  I can see it happening, too, cuz there are some amazingly wonderful people there.  I keep hoping they'll send me!  They nearly sent me to Portland but I went to Montgomery instead.  BUT I met up with iluvbo there! [':D']

I'm going to go ahead and post pics.  I thought about starting a new thread but why should I?  This one will do, even if it's in NHR and we know it's always going to be horse related! [':D']  I was going to do photobucket but don't have the energy.  Hopefully this will turn out okay.

We left home at 4am to get to the afternoon raft trip.  I forgot about the hour time difference and felt pretty spiffy getting there an hour early!  Good thing cuz we nearly missed the trip!!!  [':o']  I didn't have a waterproof camera but after the trip we stayed in a cabin and I took pics there.  So.... day one:
  • The next morning we drove from the Nolichucky Gorge (sp) in TN to the Durham NC area where we were guests at mom2rumthewarmblood and ilovemywarmblood's house.  I absolutely love their house.  It's full of character and I can always picture the kids playing in the yard a hundred years ago.  It's lovely and the bunkhouse was WAY cool!  We loved it!  Since girlwonder had knee surgery she couldn't take a lesson with me which worked out to my favor cuz that allowed me to ride her incredible eventer!  Dressage isn't his strongest eventing discipline and it's VERY new to me so that's what we worked on!  I'll have to post twice to get the NC pictures in!
  • Isn't it great how the boy is getting over his shyness?  (rofl)  Did you notice he has his shirt on in all these pictures!  [':D']
    Okay, here's the wonderhorse!  Or should I say horse wonder? [':)']  Trainer Beth is a wonderful, talented instructor who really gave me the tools to help Rum do what he was supposed to do.  All I had to do what follow her instructions and it made so much sense.... once I got over the whole "squeeze your legs to make him slow down" theory! [':D'
  • Hey Hunt,  I figured BW would be on the left side of the picture

or did you purposefully sit between him and Moms daughter.   LOL.....

Oh,  I love your blue eyes.    Aubrey has the same color.
  • I almost forgot we went to Papa Mojo's Roadhouse!  What fabulous Cajun cuisine!!!  And great music.  I stuffed myself as girlwonder can tell you!  Her daddy got Best Dish in North Carolina for 2008 and was a finalist in 2009.  THE WHOLE STATE!  Plus he's been on the food channel.  I have to be honest, this was a HUGE draw for me, visiting this restaurant.  As you can imagine, my whole stay in NC was full of great food!  When you see the lesson pics in NH you'll see I've gained weight. [':D']  Then next day, after riding Rum, we packed [':('] and met Mary (mom2rum) for lunch at a fabulous Greek restaurant.  Yum, again.   Mary had to work but lunch was super.  I love her whole family and it was such a treat to spend time with them!!!  (next time I hope to meet her son, too).  Here we are with dessert... Then on to VA, my bff's back yard and her sil's dogs and sil w/chickens.  This is my family. [':)']
  • HA!  SecondChance!  They got along like siblings.  She has a very sweet nature and was SO polite.  Ummmm..... next we headed to NH.  The class was great and I took a lesson on an Appendix named Elvis.  It was a nice little place that the lady just got in October so it's a work in progress.  I left my bitless there for her to try on her mare and picked it up the next day.  She also had a litter of Irish Jack Russell's....awwww! [':)']
  • This thread is like the Eveready Bunny, huh? [8|]
    Wonderful Tanya came to visit from Maine with her terrific kiddo.  We swam and visited a tack shop where boywonder tried out as a cooler sheet model.  AND he accessorized with a pink sparkle crop.  [8D]  Then more "fun" in the car as we made the long haul to VA and CODYSCORRAL's place....she has her own mountain. [':)']
  • Still hanging on? The title DOES say epic, huh? 
    CODY's had become a dear friend.  She has a great family, which includes a very nice looking hubby! [';)']  Okay, the truth is out.  I go there to see her hubby.  [':D']  She whipped up some vittles (Cheez-it stew) AND we took a road trip (yes, a road trip) to WV to visit KaliK!!  Kali is an awesome rider and has some great horses!  Her place is almost heaven..... West Virginia. [':D']  (I borrowed that from her FIL) We went on a trail ride!!!  Too cool!  How did I NOT get pics of that??  Maybe she got some.  I was trying out my new dressage moves on the horse I rode and THEY WORKED!  [':)']