Quick Post

tablets

tablets
  • im in the market for a tablet.  however much as i would like an ipad, its pretty much out of my price range.  anyone here have a tablet that they really like?  

I am hoping to use it for reading ebooks, and being able to take pics of my products and creations.  im not a gamer, so i dont need that. 

i have been leaning toward an ASUS.  but gosh.... i dont remember which model i was looking at now =(  guess im starting over.  

Thanks in advance all.  =)
  • Hubby has one he calls the "Zoom." He uses it a lot, we took it to Germany with us. I'll have to find out what it actually is ':)' I have an iPad at work and love it but we get it through our school vendor for $499.
  • altho i like my iphones, i am actually headed over to the android world.  many of them will play the flashdrive player, which the ipads will not.  i use some sites that have it and do a wee bit of gaming.  (like words with friends and hanging with friends) i seem to have issues with the kindle app on my iphone, so im hoping that the android will be better.  
  • Hubby is a techno geek: He says Motorola made the Zoom, no longer made, was bought out by Google, now make the Nexus 7. He says Samsung makes really good tablets.
  • Brother has a samsung and likes it.  A couple coworkers have the kindle fire and they like theirs but I don't know if it has a camera.  I have a regular kindle that I use for reading and I love that because the screen really does mimic book pages- no glare, you can easily read it in the sun, and no games to distract me from reading.  It kind of does internet stuff (Facebook, google searches) but not well as everything is black and white and your cursor is a pain to use.  My main tablet is the iPad. I sometimes read books on my iPad but the screen makes it nearly impossible to use in bright sunlight, something to consider in any tablet, if you read outside a lot.
  • No idea about tablets. I have a Nook Color e-reader. Can get online and do some word processing, etc., but no camera. A tablet is better if you actually want the computer capabilities. One of these days...
  • thank you all.  

I have been doing more reading and am now leaning to the nexus 7.  could be that the zoom is what it is based on.  the newest version has just come out a couple months ago.  

think ill be going that way.  Id go for the nexus 10, but i can get the 7 and have LTE capabilities.  the 10 is only wifi.  

not sure if i will hook it up to at&t yet, but i want that option.  
  • [quote=Durangogramma]

No idea about tablets. I have a Nook Color e-reader. Can get online and do some word processing, etc., but no camera.

That's what I have - got it off our community fb page for $60. It's fine for traveling. Come to think of it I haven't been able to figure out how to post on here with it.
  •  A couple coworkers have the kindle fire and they like theirs but I don't know if it has a camera.  I have a regular kindle that I use for reading and I love that because the screen really does mimic book pages- no glare, you can easily read it in the sun, and no games to distract me from reading.  It kind of does internet stuff (Facebook, google searches) but not well as everything is black and white and your cursor is a pain to use.  My main tablet is the iPad. I sometimes read books on my iPad but the screen makes it nearly impossible to use in bright sunlight, something to consider in any tablet, if you read outside a lot.
     A couple coworkers have the kindle fire and they like theirs but I don't know if it has a camera.  I have a regular kindle that I use for reading and I love that because the screen really does mimic book pages- no glare, you can easily read it in the sun, and no games to distract me from reading.  It kind of does internet stuff (Facebook, google searches) but not well as everything is black and white and your cursor is a pain to use.  My main tablet is the iPad. I sometimes read books on my iPad but the screen makes it nearly impossible to use in bright sunlight, something to consider in any tablet, if you read outside a lot.
  • i ordered the nexus 7 the other night.  best buy has it on sale for $319.00 free shipping, too.

with luck ill get it wed or friday.  then i can play with it over the weekend....  better than twiddling my thumbs while im on call.

• Should be good ':)' Hubby took his Zoom to Germany while we were traveling and had good wi-fi connections and all ':)'
  • Jeff just got the i-pad

• My tablet is 8 1/2 X 14 and yellow.  No problems with ti at all.  Can get them for under a buck!

• My wife and I each have a Nexus 7 and we both love it. They were an upgrade form the Nook Color.  The Nook app on the Nexus is better for reading Nook books than the actual Nook Color.

• i enjoy my nexus 7.  once in a while i have an issue... but its an operator one.  ;)  i can take it to work and link up to the wifi there to check faceplant or read while on break.