Quick Post

It looks like I may be moving!

It looks like I may be moving!
  • Finally! Pray all goes well, it's not 100% yet, but very close, I am just waiting on the final paperwork. I've been on a waiting list for several months now for this new place, I rent. I like the fourplex I live in now, but after going on social security disability two years ago, and the ever-constant increase in my rent going up every year, and increase in utilities, I can't afford it here any more. This new place caters to people on disability, so that will be very helpful (and pets are welcome there). Also, I will be moving back to the town I used to live in, I miss it (it's just 15 miles away). Also, the landlord here is pretty wacky and not-so-nice, their maintenance man seems to think it is OK to use his apartment keys and he will just walk in, unannounced, he did that once and I was in bed asleep yet, I woke up to my dogs raising a ruckus out in the living room (good dogs!). He got an earful and so did the landlord, what they did was illegal but they don't seem to care, so I don't feel 100% safe or comfortable here. The place I plan to move into is fairly new, and all one one level. So, with luck I plan to move sometime in the next month or so.
  • YAY!!!! That's wonderful! The sooner the better, it sounds like!!!
  • Hope all goes well for you and you love your new place! Maintenance man might have been sporting a new bullet hole if he'd walked into my place while I was sleeping. Keep us posted on how things are going!
  • LOL, for sure that maintenance man could have easily been sporting a new bullet hole if I'd had a gun... I should have at least had a bat or a frying pan handy...
  • I think that one of the greater things in life that most people like to experience is getting to new places. I mean, there are just a lot of options to contend with so there are things that you have to ensure when you are going there. And changing places just makes the whole thing a lore more exciting in almost all case. Good luck with it!
  • Thanks! Well, just an update... I'm still waiting on the paperwork, the new place I am moving into had quite a lot of paperwork that needed to be sent out. so now I am just waiting for that to get finished up. Since I am on social security all of that needed to be verified, and also my doctor needed to fill out a form too. Hopefully I hear something back soon, I'm excited to be moving, and very glad to be moving back to my hometown.
  • Hoping all is going well! [':)']
  • Any news on when you'll be moving yet?
  • I think that the greater life experience that most people can not go to a new place. I mean, just a lot of options so that when you are there to fight to make sure you are there. And just change the whole space with a breathtaking view makes all the more.
  • Woo hoo, I got the go ahead and we have a move-in date! I'll be moving early in August! I'm so relieved, and so happy. This will be much better for me, more affordable, and in a better area. I get to move back to my hometown (I'm currently only 17 miles away so not very far). Packing is a chore, but it'll get done, I have a few friends who have offered to help so hopefully it goes smoothly. Praying for cooler and less humid weather when I move.
  • WOOHOO!!! for you! 
    I am so glad!
  • Glad to hear all's falling into place for you.

Best of everything with the move kiddo!  May everything go smoothly.

Speaking of going to one's home town; you're lucky to be able to find  it.  Mine disappeared in the rampant development of So. Cal. years ago.  What was left rotted into a slum.

So... best of luck on the move back home.
  • Thank you everyone! I'm just so happy, and so relieved. When I moved here I only had about two weeks to find a place, a halfway decent place that was in my budget and that allowed two dogs, so I ended up moving to a smallish town 15 miles from my hometown. I had moved out of my boyfriend's house rather abruptly back then (it was just not ever going to work out, we decided, finally, after knowing each other for over 30 years and having dated many moons ago). I needed a place rather quickly, so I had to move to an area I didn't care for all that much, altho the place here is nice enough and I love the large windows it has (it's a newer fourplex with an attached garage, all on one level). But, I've never truly liked it here or felt comfortable here and there were some issues with some weird neighbors for awhile. Also, rent has gone up here a lot since I moved here four years ago, it is way out of my budget here now. So, I am so excited to get back to my hometown, and into a more affordable place. I'm also going to be very close to many of my favorite restaurants, uh oh! LOL.
  • Great news! Thanks for the update! Wish we could all pitch in to help! I can relate to having to throw away, pack, and move. (ick, if you don't mind me saying so) [':)']
  • Did more packing yesterday, ran out of boxes, so I'll have to go on a box hunt today or tomorrow.... probably tomorrow seeing as the temp is 100* here today, I don't think I want to drive all over in this heat today. I'm getting so excited! Even tho I have several boxes packed, I have so much stuff it doesn't even look as though I've started to do anything, good grief. I may ask a friend to come help me pack next week, this is hard to do by yourself, and with my bad back and all that, it just seems more difficult this time around, but I'm getting there. Thanks hunterseat!