Quick Post

How do we change the font in our posts?

How do we change the font in our posts?
  • I was curious, I've noticed that some posters have different fonts in their posts.... I sort of like to change fonts now and then, but I haven't been able to find where and how I can do that? All I see are the smilies at the top of the message box. And I've checked out the User Control Panel, but I'm not finding it...
  • Just above the message box there are (or should be) 2 toolbars where you can change the way things look. I'm not sure if it changes after you post??? We'll see. Also, colors. Bold or underline and italics.

Nope. Evidently no font type change. At least not for me.
  • Tahoma, Times New Roman, MS Sans Serif,  Veranda, Arial, Courier New.

Those seem to be the only options I can find.  They are on the bar just above where you post.  Just before the font size place.  [sup]superscript [/sup]and [sub]subscript [/sub]are something I have never used.  I never noticed the symbols we can insert before. Now I know how to do º when I am posting the temperature since my keyboard doesn't offer it.  Your question has proved educational.  Mahalo. (Thank you). 
  • Well shoot.... what you both told me makes sense to me.... But, as I am looking at this now... there is not a bar above where I post with those options. I have, for options.... message icons (right above the subject line box) and then smilies off to the left of the box... and then up to the top the post message and preview and cancel options..... I have a different box for posting my reply, I wonder why? Is there more than one way to post a Reply? Right now I click where it says "reply to message".
  • Curiouser and curiouser... Wonder if there's a setting somewhere else. Guess I'll go see.
  • I don't know. I went up and looked through the User Control Panel but don't see anywhere to change whether you have a toolbar or not. I couldn't make mine disappear no matter how I changed my preferences. Maybe one of the Admins will know.
  • Thanks Kathi, that's OK.... I was more curious than anything.... if I can't change fonts that's OK. I was thinking maybe I was just looking in the wrong place. LOL. I may have a different set up when I post.
  • I was wondering that too. I can't seem to have spaces so I try to avoid typing long posts because it would be one huge paragraph and then. I only see the smilies off to the vertically left under message
    1. when you click reply 
    2. the reply box pops up and you see the tool bars above
    3. font is the second choice in the second tool bar click the arrow to choose
    4. if you click in the reply box first the font is chosen by your computer default
    5. smilies are vertical box to left of tool bars. click the word smilies for choices
    6. click on your chosen smilie to add 
  • Your tool bars depend on your computer set up? I am MAC.
    My first tool bar has 24 tools/options
    My second tool bar has 9 tools/options

•      When typing a really long post that you want in paragraphs I think (me no techy) you need to tab in or choose the indent tool/option at the beginning of each of your paragraphs?
    [h2][/h2]
    If you hold your cursor over each toolbar tool/option/icon it shows the function.

Is any of that any help?[8D]
  • Hmmm.... I don't have any tool bars. I only have a row of message icons (underneath were it says Reply to message), and then there is the Subject line box, and under that the Message box. Smilies are off to the left of the message box. I have a Dell pc and I use Firefox, maybe it's a Firefox thing. Thanks for your help though.

• These are the icons on my toolbars 
    located between where your's say Message: and the box where you type? 
    Directly right of my "smiles box"

Paragraph Style Font Name Size  

• Hey those are all questions I was going ask. Sorry DaneHaven, but I don't have a toolbar or any of the things you posted in your last post. I too can't separate my sentences and when I go to click on a "smile" I have to "type" in the characters in order to get the smile to appear on my posts.
  • DH, mine looks like yours.