Quick Post

What is your all time favorite Horse movie?

What is your all time favorite Horse movie?
  • Mine is The Man From Snowy River.
  • All of them. [':D']
  • I too, like all horse movies and horse books.  Have quite a collection of both! 
  • I really like Bite the Bullet.  It has so many "big" actors and they are all riding in a race across the Americal West.  There are such a variety of horses in the movie, too.  It was cool how it ended, too. 
  • That one with the horses in it. . .  [';)']
  • The British version of Black Beauty, Count of Monte Cristo, and any of the Tale Of Two Cities.  I also like making fun of the incompetant boobs they have driving in My Fair Lady.  The Rawhide Ranch crew, OI.
  • I got on Hulu (or something) and watched every episode of Bat Masterson that they had.  (A TON) There were so many Standardbreds in those shows it was so much fun to see!! 
  • Oh, I LOVED the Bat Masterson shows as a child!  There was another one (senility catching up again) from the fifties that I was wild about and my Mother ordered me a flatware and dish set for.  ARRRRGGGGG!  I can't remember his name!  Anyway, it really astounded everyone when the flatware came and it was silver!  Real silver!  I still have the fork and spoon somewhere.  The knife got lost, sadly.  I've no idea what happened to the dishes.  She even got me the cowboy outfit from him too.  I loved that stuff!  Not Roy Rogers or Gene Autry... ARRRRGGGGGG, I hate my memory (or lack thereof)!!!   His name is right on the edge of my memory and taunting me just out of reach!

Anyway, back to Bat Masterson; Yeah, Rawhide Ranch's horses were mostly Standardbreds.  They were the most versatile horses available (not to mention most of them were free ).  Though they were usually well behaved, they always looked off in the movies when they'd harness a pair of them to a fancy carriage.  Just not right...
  • Hopalong Cassidy? I have a cup and spoon. They were David's.

I love most all of the movies that have horses in them however, it drives me nuts when the team of four pulling the stagecoach in the chase scene keeps changing. I don't know if any of the rest of you notice when they change 'horses', either the mane horse that they're using more than one for or, like I said above, different horses keep popping up in a chase. I guess I'm too picky. [8D]
  • YES!  I notice the markings sometimes change!  And in a group of riders I automatically zero in on the one who's bouncing along, trying to hang on!  [':D']  That's when you know (1) HE CAN'T RIDE and (2) those Stb's have some rough trots!!  LOL
  • [quote=hunterseat]

YES!  I notice the markings sometimes change!  And in a group of riders I automatically zero in on the one who's bouncing along, trying to hang on!  [':D']  That's when you know (1) HE CAN'T RIDE and (2) those Stb's have some rough trots!!  LOL

Not all of them, though. My Stb had an awesome rolling trot (no, she wasn't pacing)
  • YES, YES, that's it, Hopalong Cassidy!  Thanks DG, my brain just wouldn't dig it up.  Yeah, as I recall there was a knife, fork, spoon, and soup (cereal) spoon.  I think I still have the soup spoon and knife, somewhere... who knows where or which box.   The plate, cup, and bowl are long gone.  Mother likely threw them out. 

• Here ya go.

• Yeah DG, that does bring back memories!!
  • Miracle of the White Stallions.  About the Lipizzans..... love that movie.  Also really like The Black Stallion.