Quick Post

Reconnecting

Reconnecting
  • Hello,

it has been about a good decade since I have been on here. I wanted to thank everyone who answered all my questions long ago especially when the internet back then was the only option (source of information/support).

I remember Hunterseat, Connie, danastark, danehaven and a few others. Wondering if anyone is still on here. The site has changed a lot!
  • Welcome back Cintillate!

A few of us still here.

I check in daily.

Glad to see you. (waving from Texas)

• Hi! So glad to see you are still here. I visited Texas in the summer. It was a hot one and the grasshoppers were gigantic. I also was the only one in our group enjoying the heat. Hopefully, it has cooled down now.

• Well some of our members died.  The site was sold to UK company (I think) and several things changed.  For instance, I lost my account name of Studeclunker and now go by Studebaker.  Some of our members were on Dial-up because DSL was simply not available.  I was lucky enough to find work in a household which had DSL and was able to transition over to the new platform.  Quite a few others weren't.  We only just got DSL at Fawn Lodge, where I live, last year.  I suspect many members had the same troubles logging in as I did and simply just gave up.  Then there's facebook...  Danastark switched over to Facebook and is now gone.  Hunter talks to her occasionally.

Hunter now lives in Southern California near a Naval Base called China Lake.  She's a little over a hundred miles from DanaStark.

Names... Names... The nice old fellow with the beautiful team of Haflingers died some years back.  I particularly miss him because he loved driving like I do.

Not much else to say.  Yeah, the crowd has really thinned to just a handful.  Lots of people I really miss hearing from too.  Living as I do in a very isolated area, the internet is about the only social life there is for me.

Really glad to hear you're okay.  So good to hear from you again.

I hope everyone has a great weekend coming up.

• Many members moved to face book.

Rod had the Halflingers.

Hunterseat is in West Virginia now.

It was a very hot summer in Texas.

Temps have cooled to eighties.

But we need rain in the Hill country as usual.

Cintillate where are you located now?

• Oh that's right, Rod.  Miss him I do.

• Thanks for the update, I am sorry to hear that. I think that is what happened to most forums people went from them to facebook which facebook is ok but I feel it is a bit chaotic.  I am in the PNW. This thing called winter...still not a fan of it haha.

Frisky and Hidalgo passed away. Sahara is an occasional broodmare and doing amazing. I gave her to my teammate who took such good care of her while I was gone for 3 years (went back just to visit) that I decided they were a good fit when I left. It took me a good while to be ready to have a horse again as I missed mine but I have a colt now who I am training and he has a personality for sure.