Quick Post

Update, biopsy results: Keep Kelly in your thoughts

Update, biopsy results: Keep Kelly in your thoughts
  • Thank heavens she has a great mom!  She's going to be responsible for her own eating habits one day and this is a great foundation.  It's not always easy but it's do-able.
  • There is so much more info out there about celiac disease, I even saw an article about making eating gluten free affordable.

I really think she is going to be fine, it will take some time to adjust but after that, and when she is feeling better, it will eventually be easier for her. Of course she will slip now and again, and she may suffer for it, but she will learn.

I think as a mom, it is hard for us to accept that something is wrong with one of our kids, even though it is out of our control when it is something congenital like this. And of course, there is the mommy guilt. Can't help it, you are going to feel like it is your fault and you should have been able to do someting to prevent it. I know I felt that way when Laurel got the official Charcot Marie Tooth diagnosis. I suspected for a while and was in denial, then we couldn't ignore it anymore.

Took me a while to stop punishing myself and just help her accept it, not use it as an excuse for sympathy.

And really, she is still young and having the diagnosis at this young age will help her prevent more damage and live a healthy and long life.