Quick Post

Olympics - favorites

Olympics - favorites
  • Gabby Douglas, the gold medal winning gymnist is such an inspiration. She's so much fun to watch.
    One of the coolest things I ever heard anyone say is when they asked her what her goal was for her performance she said she always likes to try to make the audience gasp. [:D]

I liked the success story of the ladies judo champion who overcame abuse at the hands of her childhood judo coach.

AND we mustn't forget the amazing ladies beach volleyball team, which (NOT) surprisingly, Chatter has followed for many years. [:D]
  • Not having a TV, I haven't seen any of the Olympics, but the one that inspires me is the 71 year old (Japanese?) man who's in the dressage competition.
  • Enjoyed watching the jumping yesterday.

The beach volleyball girls are pretty amazing. If you watch, the blonde knows EXACTLY where her opponent is going to hit that ball! They have to win 2 more matches for the gold - as of the match against Italy, anyway. The Italian girls were crying. hard to beat the experience our team has!

Anyone just a little tired of Phelps?
  • Watched the Cross country (hubby recorded it all for me ':)' ) and it was amazing to watch these athletes work together.

The show jumping was a little scary!  Haven't seen any of the dressage except for the eventing.

Gymnastics was great, swimming and volleyball, some badminton and table tennis, track last night.  Those guys are fast and inspiring watching the guy from South Africa racing with his prosthetics......