Quick Post

What to do? Feel horrible......

What to do? Feel horrible......
  • Dana, my sympathies for your situation.  I've had a dog or two that just couldn't be broken from the livestock killing thing.  We had one champion German Shepherd that was just beautiful.  Sadly every once in a while something would snap in Magic's brain and she would kill everything she could get hold of.  I kind of think we were lucky it was the livestock and not our children, sometimes.  My suggestion was going to be dog kennels, but you seem to have come up with a better idea.

By the by, to whom it may concern:   In the state of California, if one is in a rural area and finds a stray dog threatening or attacking livestock, it is legal to shoot them.  The only restriction to this is in a rural-residental area (big lots close together).  How do I know this?  I've been on the recieving end of neighbors who refuse to contain or control their dogs.  Lost quite a bit of livestock (small stuff, sheep, goats, chickens, etc...) till word got out that I would shoot them and Animal Control said I could, provided the gun was not larger in bore than a .22.  Thankfully, we never had to carry out the threat.  I really love dogs and it would have torn me up. 

Wish I had more neighbors like you Dana.
  • Memphis Animal Shelter won't adopt out pits.  And in my county, you can shoot a dog on your property, too, if it's "destroying" your property or killing animals.