Quick Post

News about Colby - update 4-10-13

News about Colby - update 4-10-13
  • In the summer of '08, a friend of my granddaughter's was diagnosed with lymphoma. Colby was 6 yrs old when they found his cancer, and he and his mom spent the next 4 months straight at St Jude's in Memphis. Colby was a very sick little boy back then. Some of you on here may remember my posts concerning Colby at that time. A lot of you sent cards and gifts to him, and Hunterseat even went to visit him while he was staying in Memphis.

This picture was taken a yr or so later when Colby and Jazmin were riding horses at our house.

The following is a post that I copied today from his mom's Facebook entry.

"‎2 years~8 months ago Colby got diagnosed with cancer and started intense chemotherapy. Today we celebrate; Colby will be taking his last dose of chemo this evening. I am by far one of the luckiest Mom's in the world. God has blessed me not only with a warrior but also my Hero. I am so proud and thankful that Colby has been able to fight so strongly and that we are able to share in this day together. Go Colby Go!!"

I am sure that the prayers and support that Colby received contributed to his survival. Many of you helped him win this battle. THANK YOU!

• That is FAN.TAS.TIC!  I'm so glad to hear the little guy is fighting the good fight and actually winning!  Thank you so much for the update.  I was thankful my friend Brian went with us.  Brian is now retired from the Guard. 
  • God Bless Colby! 
  • That is wonderful!  I lost my mom to lymphoma so I'm really glad to hear that he is making it ':)'
  • What wonderful news!!! I'm so happy to hear it.
  • I remember that. Glad to hear he's doing well.
  • Since I first posted this, Colby has been to St Jude's and went through a bunch of tests: CT scan, PET scan, spinal tap, etc. He is officially in remission.
  • PRAISE GOD!!!!
  • Oh Elaine, please high five him for me next time you see him!
  • What an awesome report. Thanks for updating us. We'll keep him in our prayers.
  • Update 4-10-13

Posted by Colby's mom on Facebook today:

"Just got home from the Jude, and with that comes wonderful news...with everything checking out well today, Colby is, by St. Jude standards, a Survivor!!! This is huge!! He will only have to go to the Memphis Jude once a year...needless to say some tears of joy were shed. And while we were there we bumped into some of our Jude family..all in all a very Blessed trip!!!"

If this doesn't bring a smile to your heart and maybe even a tear to your eye, nothing will. Thanks to all of you who have a said a prayer for Colby over the past 5 years.

• Amazing wonderful ':)'
  • Awesome news, Elaine! I'm so thankful for that little boy and his good recovery. It's been a long road and I remember sending cards and all. [[Virtual hugs]] to him and his mom.
  • YAY!