Quick Post

Hello from the north!

Hello from the north!
  • Hello everyone!
    Not really sure what to say here. I'm 21 years old, in Canada. Owned by one dog, two cats and one horse. Recently acquired the horse back in September when I went up to help with a herd of mostly young horses (1 - 2 years of age) who had been shipped up from the States for slaughter. All in extremely poor health, skinny, covered in ringworm, cuts, swollen legs... it wasn't a nice scene. Very few had ever been handled it seemed. Well I ended up seeing this little creature and ended up buying her.

Called her Terra Nova, she's my first horse. Way to go me buying a case like this when I myself hardly have a clue at what I'm doing. No idea on age, breed or where  she came from. But she's gained weight, ringworm is gone, has somewhat come around to the idea that people = good though still can't handle her. She's gained weight though now its harder to tell just how much as she's got her winter fluff coming in. She'll be moving to a new barn tomorrow so I can visit and work with her more. There will be five other babies from the same place she came from that she'll be turned out with.

This is the newest picture I have of her from almost a month ago now.

• Welcome!  Your filly looks darling.  She has similar coloring to my gelding who is a percheron/clyde/paint/TB mix from a PMU farm in Canada.  Hopefully at the new barn, you'll get to make lots of progress with handling her. 
  • Awwww... she's a lucky little girl!  And cute too!
    Hope to see more of her and YOU!
  • Hello ther.... I am new to the horse world... My frist horses was 28yr  ... All broke down too... I tryed very thing for about 8 months ... could not get her back .... Good lucky with your cutie little horse...