Quick Post

Hello, folks. I'm back.

Hello, folks. I'm back.
  • I placed membership here a while back (a good 2 months maybe?) but never posted because I forgot my password, but LOW AND BEHOLD! I remembered it and I'm back again :)  Just thought I'd share. I am currently a member of about 5 or 6 other forums, so I get around. You might see me :) Hello, and I am looking forward to meeting and helping people on here.

I'm an avid gaited horse lover/rider and would love to see/meet other gaited enthusiasts. I do not beleive in the TWH stereotype nor practice, so please don't automatically judge me thinking I'm some horrible person that abuses her horses. Quite the opposite, actually ;) 

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and for the record, getting into fights on forums is certainly NOT my favorite thing to do. I'm not a mean ol' grouch, but I can get in a 'debatable' mood once in a while where I want to sit down and debate like a mature adult and not fight. Hope that clarifies a few things :)

• Hmmm... Nobody? :[
  • welcome back sunny!!
    funny how your forget things and they come back to you at the weirdest moments....
  • Ha ha, thanks :]

Yeah, I do that a lot. My brain keeps spazzing out o_O  Then I have to shut down, and re-bute again. Just kidding, ha ha..
  • Where I live people prefer gaited horses, it seems.  There are the padded TWH's but not on the trails and that's mostly it except for the English folks.  Even some of them do gaited on the trails.

It's sort of slow here.  Don't get discouraged.  Good to see you.
  • Yeah, we don't pad up our horses. Never had and probably never will. With you living in TN and all you must see a lot of the 'padded up' stuff ':P'
  • I only see them at shows, honestly.  Which I don't go to very often.  I went by a barn once to see if I could help out and ride there, before I got my herd.  I had never seen horses there but....  The barn had a huge indoor arena and the stalls were very dark, no windows that I saw.  The horses were black so I really couldn't see them.  The guy was real shady acting and asked if I'd ever ridden TWH's and when I said no he showed me the door.  I know they must have been soring them.  What a horrible life for a horse, too. ':('
  • ^ Yes, it is sad. The stalls as a rule aren't permanent, rather temporary. It depends what barn you go to. The show barns aren't barns for your horse to live it as they aren't as nice and comfy as our barns (personal barns).

I feel bad for tham on the soring issues, yes that is horrible ':('  And all the junk they shove up their shoes like nails, golf balls, etc. It's illegal now, so if you see someone actually doing it you call the police in it a tizy. I think it's a $100,000 fine but I could be wrong.