Quick Post

Howdy From Kentucky !

Howdy From Kentucky !
  • Howdy everyone !  My name is Retta and I've been addicted to horses for over 39 years. I'm a gaited horse fanatic and I currently own two Kentucky Natural Gaited horses. One is a 14 year old bay mare named Little Sky Dancer and the other one is her first son, a 7 year old buttermilk buckskin stallion named Mystery Warrior. I do trail riding mostly but I have shown Mystery a bit in the past. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.  

Here are pictures of my horses.
    Mystery Warrior -  Taking a walk while waiting for the vet to do his Coggins Test. The big spoiled baby loves going for walks.

My mare Little Sky Dancer (Dancer) enjoying a relaxing ride.

• Welcome Ky,
    Nice to have you here. Beautiful horses.
    I am in crispy Central Texas and envious of all the green in your pics.
    I have Indian Shufflers. (naturally gaited Appaloosas. [':)'])
    Join us in General Chat for the daily morning thread.
  • Welcome!  Your horses are gorgeous.  My mom used to breed Missouri foxtrotters and had a buckskin colt also.  My hubby is interested in getting a gaited horse for trail also.  Wants something faster and smooth to keep up with my big draft cross ':)'

Looks nice and green where you are.  Like DaneHaven, we're pretty crispy and brown here in California which is good if it's toast, bad if it's the earth!  I have a variety of horses, a big, draft cross gelding-Cody, a Hanoverian/TB filly-Jewel, a paint-Tahoe and a big, fat POA gelding-Spirit.  My teenage girls and I do eventing and a lot of trail.

Hope to see you here again and as DH said, join us in our daily chat in the mornings and meet everyone.

Dana
  • Welcome.  I love gaited horses.  We currently have a pinto foxtrotter and a paint.  The paint has a great running walk, not something his breed wants but it sure suits me.

I love the buckskin colors.  That mare is an eye catcher, too.
  • Thanks y'all for the warm welcome !   Also thanks for all the wonderful comments about my horses.
    So far we've had a kinda wet summer so everything is pretty green and lush. Right now we could use a little rain for the gardens but it's not too bad. We're expecting rain for the next 4 days so it'll water them good. I've heard that Texas and a large portion of the Southwest are going through a drought and conditions are bad.  Thanks for the invite to the daily chat ! I'll drop in and meet everyone.   
  • Howdy from Texas.
    I like your pictures.  I raise Mountain horses and have 11 Rockies right now.  They are a big part of what has kept me going since my husband died.
  • Welcome, cbroxson.  Love those gaited horses.
  • Thanks Cbroxson ! Gotta love these mountain bred horses. Toughness, beauty and smooth gaited for my purposes they are the total package. Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm really glad though that you have horses to help you with the grief and lonliness that comes with that loss. I'd love to see some pictures of your horses if you'd like to post some.