Quick Post

Illinoisian Hello

Illinoisian Hello
  • I suppose "Step 2," after reading the forum rules, would be to introduce myself in an informal formal manner.

My name is Carrie; I'm a 19-year-old female aspiring to become an equine breeder and trainer. My biggest goal is to start an equine rescue and rehabilitation center in Indiana, where there are none. (Or so I'm told.) In addition to being a mother-of-1 and wife, I work at Thunder Wolf Trail Rides as a part-time instructor, full-time trail guide, and full-time equine manager (I, along with others, feed, groom, tack up, give customers instructions, etc). I'm also an artist, available for hire (my prices range from $1 up to $80 for both traditional and CGI artwork).

I live in East-Central Illinois and currently make rounds to Covington, Indiana to tend to the horses with my two bosses. We have 24 horses. I don't legally own a horse, but I have 3 there at the barn that are "mine." Two are American Quarter Horses (a gelding and mare), and the third is a Paint Pony filly (age 3).

I tend to be very shy and introverted; but once I learn to trust someone it's a done deal -- friends for life. It takes quite a lot to lose my loyalty and respect. for my drawings I prefer realism and semi-realism. I don't like cartoon drawings, nor do I draw them myself. I also dabble with photography at the barn and I enjoy taking pictures of the horses and the people in them.
  • WELCOME! Glad to see you here.  Sounds like you have a busy life.  The folks here are friendly and have a tendency to become like good family members.  Hope to see you often.

Again, WELCOME.
  • Thank you, Connie. (: I hope to have experiences that equate yours.

And strangely enough, despite being busy, I still manage time to fling myself around on the Internet to solicit forums and art sites. Lol I don't understand how it can be so, but it is!