Quick Post

• Hi everyone,
    I am a 56 year old woman who is in love with my horses. I have made several trips to Hermiston Or. to buy foals from 4months to 1 yr. I bring them home and break and train them. I've sold some of them. I never make any money, but I really love nurturing and training them.  I have just lost the love of my life, Misty, who I owned for 20 years. She died Feb. 19 of this year at 30 years of age. I truely miss her very much. I also have a 4 year old who is doing very well. We are still working on the basics and doing great.
    I have the post about her not taking the bit in training and behavior. Nice to see so many sharing their experiences..Looking forward to talking to you.   Equis54
  • Welcome to the forum!  Sounds like a neat set-up you have, giving babies a good start in life and training.  I'm from the West Coast, have kids in Pony Club and am training my 2nd baby (Hanoverian/TB).  We have 4 total.  I have a 5 yr. old draft cross (PMU rescue), 18 hds and he has been a joy to train.  Look forward to seeing pictures of your babies.
  • HI Dana, good to meet you and thanks for the nice welcome. I also live out west. (Southern Oregon) Having an 18 hand horse must be challanging in a lot of respects.  Have you had him since he was a baby?
    I have heard they are gentle  giants.  I pass a field every morning going to work and there is a new draft
    baby with its mom. He's really beautiful. Well I don't know about the pictures as I don't know how to do that. Maybe someone will tell me how, someday.How old is the baby your training. I have trained several so if you need any help, I will be glad to share what I know. Well enjoy life and be safe..Diannia
  • Hi Equis54!  Welcome and just post your photobucket links!