Quick Post

Saturday Starts

Saturday Starts
  • with a huge thunderstorm line. It is from about 5 miles north of us all the way to DFW.
    I hope we stay out of it. So far thunder, lightning and and a sprinkle.
    It is a cold front.

We are suppose to move some cattle this morning.
    Our new cow is being delivered and Mr. Bull is going home.

The cow was raised by us from birth to weaning. She went back to our partners who own her to be weaned and mature..
    They have decided to sell her to us. She is an extremely well bred, friendly and beautiful tri-colored cow.
    A great permanent addition to our herd. She should calve in late summer.
    I am surprised they didn't decide to keep her but they have too many.

So then the only that isn't ours is a steer that goes to processing end of April.
    I was wanting everyone where they belong during this virus issue.

On the horse front.
    I got Tonto's hooves done on Thursday.
    Fronts before his vet visit and rears after we got back.
    Not perfect but good. All the rain that we had the horses feet are still soft.
    I was even able to get his soles done with the hoof knife. Hardest part for me because it takes so much hand strength.

I wanted to get Miss Chica washed last night for a ride with B today.
    The grass was too tempting and Chica wouldn't come in with the rest at dinnertime.
    Miss Sarcee got washed instead.
    Temps are going to be cooler in the 70's. Maybe Chica will get washed and blanketed to dry after our ride.

I hope you are all well and have well horses.
    Have an enjoyable weekend!

• I see adds popping up in the conversation.  Ranks right in there with all the spam coming in with my email.  

Whisper is doing much better.  Still sweet but with a sparkle in her eyes.  She is wanting spring and grass I think