Quick Post

Rainy Week

Rainy Week
  • Horses have been in the barn pretty all week so far due to cold rain. We will now have a surplus for the year which I am thankful for. Although at this point I wouldn't mind sending some out west.

Fancy continues to improve but it is slow. May not be any traditional Thanksgiving Trail ride day after Thanksgiving this year, but we shall see. Arabs haven't been ridden in years and I get no joy in riding them anyway, too bouncy and hyper. Certainly cannot put a novice on one of them and no one else has ever ridden Apache since he has been here. Apache would most certainly be thinking "and who do you think you are sitting up there?" We really only have 2 ride-able horses left. 

• My Arab mare is pretty calm.  She , however, has a trot that begs the rider to post.  I do not post.  Our rides tend to be mostly walks.

• I am glad for Fancy's foot improvement.

We managed to get through the all the muck and wetness without any major issues.

A lost shoe and some sore tootsies was the extent.

It finally dried enough for me to trim Sarcee. She has some pretty feets again.

It was the first hard  freeze last night. 22* this morning.

I should be able to drop the fly supplement for a few months

Everyone have a great evening!

• Back from Fawn Lodge.  Getting things straightened out there.  A lot of work still to do.

Smoke and haze is bad from the Camp Creek fire.  It's still hard to do the drive to the 'Lodge.  I have to drive through the center of the Carr Fire area.  Old Shasta is particularly heartbreaking to see.  I am so glad they got it under control before it crossed the county line, to any extent.

Glad to hear Fancy is doing better.

I do hope everyone has a great Friday.