Quick Post

Muddled up Monday

Muddled up Monday
  • Put my truck in a ditch this weekend on the way home from Church. Spent this morning in damage assessment. Looks to be very little wrong.

The bed wood is rotten and the left side-wall jumped out and ended up a touch twisted and under the mounting frame. I fixed that today.

A hot wire from the battery was severed and damaged which caused a dead short. Yanked the smoking wire off and stopped that issue. Will have to replace the circuit from the firewall to the breaker (which didn't trip) across to the battery. About six to eight feet of wire.

The battery was thrown out of the tray and punctured in several places. Will have to wash everything on the right side down thoroughly with a baking Soda rinse. The biggest loss is the battery so far.

Front alignment is seriously toed out now. Not sure what to do about that. 

Saw this video on Facebook today.  thought everyone here might enjoy it.
    "Cattle Call by LeAnn Rimes & Eddie Arnold. The video was made from the movie Red River starring John Wayne. (Great Movie!)"

• Sunday afternoon, just after Church, we went and looked at a field of third cutting mostly grass hay.  The guy called at five to say it was baled.  I said we would get it Monday Morning.  We took all but the wagon load he wanted to keep.  172 bales, small squares of third cut at $1.50 each.  They weigh around forty pounds each.  Some more.  Barn is full again and the storage building is housing the rest.

The  Vet came in the late afternoon to float teeth.  Said Bella did not need it and Whisper had a few sharp points in top so he did her.  Said her bottom teeth were smooth and asked if I was feeding cracked corn.  Nope.  The only hard feed she gets is BOSS.  He said they both look good.  I think Whisper needs a bit more poundage to go into the winter.  I will continue to feed her a 10% fat feed until I am satisfied.  Found out the Vet likes the same feed I am feeding. Strategy by Purina.  I normally feed crimped oats but wanted the extra fat this has.  It comes in pellets and textured.  I prefer textured  because  I had a pony choke on pellets years ago and since then have only fed them soaked.

It is now  Tuesday morning , still dark out and raining hard.

• Checked the  questionable bales Tuesday afternoon.  There were twelve that neighbor Tom put on end because he didn't trust them.  He was right on half of them.  Those buggers were pretty hot when I stuck my hand inside them.  They also weighed about twice what the other bales weigh.  I hauled six of them outside and stacked them by the road gate.  Some girl wants hay to put pumpkins on for a fall yard decoration and she is welcome to these.  I checked the other six this morning and they seem fine but will keep track of them.  Now to make the other person who lives here understand the mares do not like fresh baled hay.  They want it allowed to cure.  

Rained all day Tuesday.  This is Wednesday and we have no rain for now so I put them out.  It is supposed to rain later.  maybe another half an inch.  

Hope you got your truck fixed, Stude.

Also, how are the new babies Face?