Quick Post

Sunday almost Monday.

Sunday almost Monday.
  • Had a great weekend. Accomplished enough to feel satisfied. We're adjusting.
    Stude, I had a sit-down with my boss' boss who has horses. She told me about the arsenic in the water. And there are a lot of wells here, too. So I guess filtering would be the answer. I'm suddenly not overjoyed about bringing Zag here. I'm going to stick it out for at least a couple of years.
    I was at the Farmer's Market Saturday, which takes place in the Tractor Supply (joy!!) parking lot. A lady had her mustang out, not sure why. Maybe to promote BLM, which is really big here. He was just gorgeous! Nice size and really muscled up nicely. Sleek. Just a beauty. She boards him somewhere.
    Now I'm wondering about the water supply at the stable on base. hmmm.... Well that happens to be one of my facilities! :) I'll have to find out if it's city water or not.
    Worked my tailfeathers off on the back yard. It's probably too hot to establish any grass but I'm trying anyway.
    Better get myself really to turn in. Work in the morning. I'm trying to take the dogs to the dog park before work. It's so close and they enjoy it. I can come home for lunch, too, if work load allows.
    Wow, I typed the word lunch and became hungry. Pavlov's dog...
  • One thing you might consider Hunter is looking up in Onyx for a place to live.  The elevation is higher and the water will likely be a lot better as well.  Still desert though so you would want to have the water tested first.  Seems to average about ten degrees cooler than the valley floor.  Welcome to California where almost everyone has a fifty-mile commute.

Back bothering me again today.  Kept things simple.  Looked for and found the end of the leach line.  Dry as a bone, as per my expectations.  Will have to rent a  line router and clean it out.  I suspect a grapevine growing (quite impressively) on the fence is the culprit.  Hate to kill it, but the septic system comes first.  I broke it to Jmebear that she really needs to put in at least two more leach lines.  One just isn't sufficient.  She was, not surprisingly, unhappy to hear that.   Easy to do, just dig two trenches, patch into the current feed line and back fill with gravel.   I did point out the system has worked relatively well for forty years, at least.  Not a bad run for a septic system.

Will be calling the Chiropractor in the morning...

• Just heard on the Monday morning news that we have a major heat advisory for tomorrow.  Not a joy.  At least the nights are being cooler.

Had a picnic/get together for our connect group that meets a couple of times a week after church.  It is a nice group of people.  Good food and good company.  Unfortunately, I got a headache right after getting to church and it hung with me all day. It did ease up but I just didn't feel right.  When got home  I took care of the horses.  Bent over to scrub out the feed tubs, stood up and almost fell down...really dizzy.  I came back to the house and used my little electronic BP thingy.  I was told to take it at least three times to get an average BP.  I took it six times and never got the same reading twice.  It is higher than it should be.  Maybe that is why I am having chronic headaches and possibly why I get dizzy?  Maybe a visit to the health center is needed to at least get someone with a currently calibrated BP cuff take my BP to see if I need to go back on meds?  I might just call over there this morning and see what they say.

Now that the paddock is ready enough to use, I am wanting to climb aboard Bella.  I hope she rides as well or even better than the first time.  She certainly is a sweetie to work around.

Hope everyone has a good week.