Quick Post

Fry-day

Fry-day
  • Be careful of building codes etc, Hunter.  Remember, you are in Soviet California now.  One of the few states that requires fire sprinklers in New Home Construction.  Also, water is an issue.  Chairman Brown and the Legislature just passed a bill limiting the domestic use to fifty gallons a day per household.

As to housing, try looking up hwy178 (Canebreak, Onyx, Weldon, etc).  Probably not dirt cheap, but might be a bit more pleasant than down on the valley floor.  It also has the advantage of being on the way to Lake Isabella.

The forecast for Bella Vista and Oak Run is ninety-four today.  Looks like the rest of August is going to be below a hundred, thank God.  I love this.  Our forecast is taken off two locations.  Witmore, six hundred to a thousand feet higher and Bella Vista five hundred feet lower.  Brilliant.  So, it's always kind of a guess as to weather the weather prediction is anywhere near what weather we will get.

My truck seems to be fixed.  Seems the problem was a worn-out cam shaft.  Two lobes were completely round (instead of the normal egg-shape).  So two valves weren't working at all.   Runs like a top now.

Breezy is happy now.  I have moved her back into the barnyard and am working on closing the yard back up after all the modifications.  She likes being back with her herd again.  Socks isn't very happy with the arrangement as he now has a considerably smaller yard.  However, he is now on the barn aisle and that seems to be making up for his small yard.

I may head out to Happy Valley tomorrow and pick up my Phaeton.  It was moved there to satisfy Code Enforcement.  Now they are off our backs, thanks to the county council-member, I can bring it back.  I have to get back to moving the shipping container though as they are insisting it has to go.  That's another six hundred dollars down the drain.  However, it should save me a lot in storage fees as this will replace my storage unit in Lewiston.

Well I hope everyone has a great Friday and a better weekend!

• Happy Friday back atcha Stude. Oops, it's Saturday.  I really don't intend to stay in this area, though neither did the couple I met yesterday. They've been here 60yrs after intending to be here a couple. Another lady today at the dog park's been here since '73. What is it with this place? I can hardly stand it until I look over and see the Eastern Sierras. They're enchanting for sure.

Hoping to find a church to visit either this evening or tomorrow. I might be able to fit 3 in from now until tomorrow evening. :) I'll know when I find the right one. This is really a nice little community. I'm hoping to be in an apartment Monday. It's close to base, former base housing. That's fine. It's near the dog park and gas prices are high. I can probably go home for lunch and it even has a doggy door. Wait. I think I've said all this before.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!