Quick Post

Monday in Madison

Monday in Madison
  • Yesterday I saw a post where someone said they rode their horse.  They posted a picture from the horse's back to "prove" the ride.  I checked their pictures on their facebook page..oh, this was all on facebook.  Same picture back in March.  the SAME picture.  I know the person is a chronic liar.   Could not resist.  Grabbed the camera and Cal and went over to the barn and saddled up Whisper .  I rode her on August 11 last year.  I think I rode her once after that.  So, her first time this year,  Saddled her, bridled her, led her out used my trusty mounting stool and rode her .  Gave the order and he opened the gate for me.  Out of the yard and down the road we went. She rode off like she had been ridden regularly.  No surprise.  She is a little tender on the rocks so she will need shoes if I plan on any long jaunts with her.  She is a perfect little girl.

She is a wonderful horse.  No fuss no bother.  she is even going down to pasture on her own now.

Sorry I am not smiling.  but I am happy.  Oh, I have lost weight.  

• You both look great Connie!

• Thank you Stude.  A friend remarked that she is not a young mare...roughly aged at 18.  An Arabian was the oldest finisher in this year's Tevis cup ride.

"Claire Godwin, DVM, on her 27.5-year-old 14-hand gray Arabian gelding PL Mercury. Should “Merc” complete the ride, he will break his own record set last year for “oldest finisher.” Merc arrived in California fresh off a second-place finish just two weeks ago in The Vermont 100. " That was the promo for Merc.  He finished the race in great shape.

Arabs are tough little horses and if you get a good one, you have a good horse.

• I agree Connie.  Arabs are good horses.  They also typically live into their thirties and forties, so Whisper is just a kiddo right now.  The two of you have many years ahead of you.