Quick Post

Phew! Fifteenth?

Phew! Fifteenth?
  • That half of July went by fast.

My friend Amy and I rode on Friday the 13th.
    Didn't even notice it was the 13th until I read Stude's post.
    Chica did so great on the ride that I put her up early to end on the positive.
    She didn't even spook when Mike the jack rabbit jumped up in front of her.

I grabbed up Tex and finally got to try the new treeless to finish out the ride.
    He had a huge giant spook when a deer popped up close on his left side.
    All was well and the saddle and I stayed on. (like getting hit by bus)

B is coming to ride this morning. I imagine she will want to take Sarcee.
    Which means a different horse to ride with and a different saddle for Chica.

I am thinking of possibly buying Chica a synthetic so we don't have tack changes.
    I have been using Sarcee's saddle on her. It is a 13 inch bear trap barrel saddle.
    Chica is somewhat petite compared to everyone else but a wide back like her momma.
    I have the Crates but am reluctant to start using it since it is the saddle my late husband bought for me.

Pilot and I took a lunch day yesterday. We tried a new old place. It has been there for years but now new management.
    and much improved. Sat on the deck over the river. Perfect, except we ate fried seafood and fries. We paid for it the rest of the day but it was good.

I hope all are having a good weekend and haven't abandoned us permanently?

• hey all!  i still pop in.... just too busy.  its summer so 4-10s keep me hopping.  last week i worked 5 days.  bad storms have been the norm this summer.  

ramping up for Chicken Jam.  Its Saturday.  then its down hill from there.  Cant believe that we will be going back to 8s in like 2 months.  

may be spending a week in NoDak next month.  my buddy wants some help with harvest.  got this silly commercial licence... might as well use it!  Will be good to see him again!  been a couple years.  with luck, it will be an every year thing.  I havent been to his place since I left the @$$hole and much has changed (aside from 2 wifes later!  lol )

got more rain over night.  hopefully the guys will fix the pushmower that i broke yesterday so the lawn can be finished.  can only mow a little bit with the tractor.  (brent has buried it twice that i know of)

Nice that you and Pilot got to have a lunch date, MK. Brent and i got a couple in a few weeks ago when we rode up the north shore.  Check out Nanabojou Lodge.  we had supper and breakfast there.  there is a state park across the street that we pitched the tent.  

best get... i got some sewing and laundry to do today.  spent most of the day yesterday sewing patches onto a vest.  finally got to try out my new machine!!  

hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend.  :)

• speaking of sewing, Jmebear is working on a baby blanket and made this for a baby shower in August:

• Took granddaughter back to Virginia Saturday after being with us for a week, She and Apache connected so she now has 2 horses that she claims are hers. Apache had never had a kid on him before and did really well.