Quick Post

Silence of Sunday

Silence of Sunday
  • Well, still wiped out from yesterday's trip.  Missed Church again, not happy about that.  Ah well, got a few things done today.  Anyway, here's a shot or two of the cart we went down to get:

I unloaded this from the truck this afternoon and went over it with a fine-toothed comb.  The previous owner about drove the wheels off of it.  Both spring shackles are about worn through!  One wheel is warped, a common problem with a vehicle left outside.  There is also some repairs done which indicate a pretty serious accident.  I'm going to try it with Socks tomorrow.  The shafts have been switched out, shackles dropped and it's ready.  I may move the axle forward as well.  We'll see tomorrow.

Here's some pics of the cart with the previous owner:

Nothing else of note around here today... Oh wait.  I did fix the tractor too.  We now have four-wheel drive on it again.  The fix was a lot more simple than I thought, thank Heavens.  Considerably cheaper too!

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend!  The dry run for Summer is out of the way.  

• Church followed by our Connect group.  Home and horse stuff.  Step son called around 5:30 and said to bring the car to his garage so he could check out the door handle.  The driver's door would only open from the outside.  Yep, he was right, some little plastic part inside the door broke.  He ordered it.  The car has power windows and when you discover you can't get out you have to return the key to the ignition and turn it to get power to put the window down, and then reach out, open the door, put the window back up and retrieve your key.  Annoying but not the end of the world.

I am going to put the girls out this morning and see if they will find their way down to the pasture....silly girls the grass is knee deep down there.