Quick Post

Snowy Fri Standarday?

Snowy Fri Standarday?
  • Of course. My day to go to the farm. Well tomorrow will be nice, if muddy. I'll still make the trek out there. No rush now. Probably not going to be much riding going on.

I got a dressage girth to HOPEFULLY work with the Aussie. I put English girth converters on and they hang so low, none of the girths really worked, except for a huge, really fat mare. :) I've dropped the stirrups down quite a bit. I also got chaps so, when I do ride in the English saddle they have there, with no suede knee rolls, I'll feel more secure. I'm determine to do some cantering and possibly jumping. She wants to show some this season and it would be fantastic to get to a schooling show. The more you do, the smarter they are and the better chance for adoption. :)

Guy's b'day yesterday, Boy's b'day tomorrow, DIL's b'day the 14th. I've got hers ready to ship. I'm going to do cupcakes (boy's idea) for Superbowl Sunday (along with a ton of other food). I found a basic cupcake recipe that gives instructions on how to divide and add different ingredients to end up with a variety of cupcakes. Great idea! Same lady does basic cookie dough and tells you what to add to make different cookies. I guess I could freeze cookie balls and adjust them once they thaw. Really liking the idea!! Of course, frozen cookie dough as a concept was first introduced to me in Tejas. :) My favorite chef. She can do anything!

I love the area that transitions from Arkansas to Texas, but not necessarily the drive through Texarkana. Not a great landscape from the freeway, no surprise there. But just north is Hot Springs AR and across the border is a very pretty part of Oklahoma in which Gunslinger resides.

btw, there was a Studebaker for sale nearby recently, Stude and I was telling the guy about your collection. I guess you still have a couple?

Have a safe, non slippery day. Just went to the road - sand is down so... still, when you drive 3hrs in this mess you never know. I'm determined, just not in a rush. It's 7 now. I might leave in the next hour or two. Adios!

• Hmm, me thinks if you make the frozen cookie dough balls you can only alter  them by toppings.

I do mine all different doughs.

Sugar, choc chip, chocolate, molasses spice,  and peanut butter.

I alter them by adding a candy or nuts on top.

Crushed peppermint on sugar , chocolate star or kiss on peanut butter, whole pecans, chopped peanuts etc....

I want Dana's cookie bar recipe that she posted on FB.

Easy for when I don't have extra cookie dough in the freezer.

I am having trouble rigging my new saddle to fit monster size Tex.

I tried it on Jet for a quick ride. Can't get any of the *** collars long enough to fit since the dees are up on the pommel.

I am going to order some nylon reins and try them as *** collar tugs. I don't like to trail ride without a *** collar.

Especially since this saddle doesn't have a rear cinch rigging

Yesterday I did my bread run at Help Center.

And  delivered some chairs to Cowies from Help Center.

Richard showed me that everything is pretty much completed. Backsplash, fireplace. storage room and exercise room are all in the finish stage.

He again thanked me profusely for what we accomplished for them.

Now it is back to our ranch work.

Wednesday we took down a tree that was a major bother to the cabin at Ever After.

It was a very tricky affair that required me climbing nearby trees and attaching ropes so we could safely tie off and cut the offending tree into sections and lower  them.

Good to know I can still climb a tree.

We are going back today to work on the rest of the tree trimming and it is going to be a lot!

Enjoy your rides Hunterseat. My english riding friend has given me an english saddle to keep here.

Have a fabulous Friday everyone!

• Thanks for the info DH and Pilot.  I wonder, by humidity, does he mean wringing underwear wet and sticky or  just a bit damp and sticky?  this could be a problem for Jmebear and I.  My greatest worry is allergies as I have a plethora of them.  Will likely have to get back on Prednisone for a while.  Worked really well calming things down last time.  It even helped with my food allergies.

Beautiful day here.  Skies looked painted all day.  Poor horses had to stay in as we went to town for errands.

Speaking of mud Hunter; we have an area in the back, around a half acre, that we use for an arena.  Has a slope to it and is rather rough in the late summer.  This winter came in rather wet and the seasonal springs around the edges of that draw are all draining.  Hence our 'arena' is drenched.  I trenched along one side (creek is on the other) and have run the water along the edge of the 'arena' till it drains into the neighbor's property.  Looks like it's going to dry things out nicely.  All I have to do  now is get hold of a disc and harrow to smooth out the surface.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and a blessed Sunday!

• Just damp says Pilot.

Houston is wringing wet humid.

• Ah, thanks again D.H.  

Another picture-perfect day here.  I'm thinking of releasing the horses next door.  Also thinking about putting the little mares in the small paddock.  Problem is I have to be able to supervise them rather closely as the bottom wire on the fence along Jmebear's property is rather high.  The little mares are escape artists and it might prove to be too much temptation...

Should get Socks out as well.  Energy level is low though.  We shall see.

Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday!

• Just got home a short bit ago.  Out of here shortly after 8am to go to a diner and enjoy a husband/wife breakfast sponsored by our retired pastor.  12 churches represented and over 100 people there.  Good speaker , great company, blessed time.  We then checked on the other house...the windows were frosty but the heat hit us in the face and we knew the furnace was working (thank You, God.).  Off next to Cal's oldest's place. Left our car there to get the hood opener thingy fixed and we took his truck and ran errands for him.  When we got back he and not touched our car yet and he gave us money to buy his and our lunches at mc donalds and the rest went into the gas tank.  We ran an errand of our own and brought the truck home.  Cal helped with chores...first time in ages.

Once we were in for the day I started a pot of Cheddar Broccoli soup..  We have a group get together tomorrow and this will make a good lunch for us and there should be enough to share with anyone who forgot to bring their lunch. We had stopped at a store on the way home so I had fresh broccoli and all the other things I needed.

Stude, are you really thinking of moving to Texas?

Hope everyone has a great Sunday and new week.

• My preference Connie is Kentucky.  However if Texas is  as far as I get, then OK for Texas.  As long as I can defect from Soviet California before it implodes, I'm content.  Jmebear is considering Texas.  I'm just glad  she's willing to leave the left coast.

My Mother used to make Cheddar Broccoli soup.