Quick Post

Sunday so wet

Sunday so wet
  • We had a total of about 5 inches of rain.
    The pens are deep muck.

I need to go do chores at DaneHaven. Then I plan to take these guys out on leads for a bit and let them have a little grass.
    They need a break.
    Tuesday the farrier is coming and maybe they can go out for a bit after in the evening.

Farrier has had a tough time with putting his wife in a care facility.
    Pilot has done an awesome job talking to him everyday, sometimes twice a day.
    She has finally started to settle in.

Everyone have an awesome first of October Sunday!
  • The vet came after we got home from Church.  I purposely did not do anything with Whisper before she got here so she could see how she is.  She watched me walk her out and then I took her bandages off and she checked her legs.  Then outside and we let her graze while we observed and talked.  She is worried it is cellulitis.  Not sure, that is usually a back leg issue.  However, the more she walks, the better she goes and , her leg is oozing yellow junk over night into the bandage so  she gets antiseptic  washes, hosing, clean bandages daily pain meds and antibiotics.  Also Pro bios because the vet likes them with the antibiotics....glad I can get them  that look like treats...she likes them.  I have strict instructions to let her know if there is any , even a little, change for the worse.  Currently the swelling is going down and she is carrying weight on that foot quite well.

Sorry about your Farrier's wife.  We have a couple we know who are going through the same thing and it is so hard on him.

Oh, Vet said that when she can walk better riding at a walk would be good for her.

posting the picture from day two and one from today, day six.

The forearm would look okay on a quarter horse maybe, but not this Arab.