Quick Post

Irma

Irma
  • Looks like she is heading this way, though the SC hit won't be as bad as FL. By the time it reaches us it shouldn't be a hurricane anymore, though Hugo in '89 stayed a Cat 1 till it made it to Charlotte. 

Eros' boots arrived today. I have been sitting with him when he lays upright and he relaxes and goes all the way down on his side. He allows me to mess with the foundered hoof. I have a padded 4x4 to lay that leg on to work on that hoof (rasp, trim). The only way to get the boot on is if he is laying down. He will left the other side while standing. No real improvement but not going backwards. His personality remains very good. 

• Sorry about the storm headed your way, Face, and about Eros' issues but am glad he is where he will get every chance possible for a good life.

The internet repair guy just left.  Said our modem was ancient and installed a new one.  Still issues so he checked the phone lines coming into the house.  Issues.  Then we hiked down to the pole the wire comes from and he checked the box on that pole.  Issues.  Then back up here to the box on the house and a long call with another tech and he improved the feed from the line to the house and things are working...lets see for how long.  Hope it is a good fix.

I let Whisper out and put a stable sheet over the gates to the barn to hose them off...she tired of being out and came over and put her muddy foot on the blanket and held it against the gate...told her, "no".  She kept trying.  Made her wait so she rolled about as close to me as she could get.  Hosed the mud off her and let her back in.  I have never had a horse just like her.  Took care of one once, however who was similar...I loved that mare but could not afford her.

We should get more rain today.  Not sure but I guess it is okay since the ground is a bit dry.