Quick Post

Saturday Celebration

Saturday Celebration
  • Stude so happy you and all the ponies are safe!
    So scary for you.

Harper has our Frontier Days celebration today.
    Events in the park, parade, bbq, rodeo and dance.
    We have no gas from here to Austin and San Antonio.
    So it may be a bit subdued?

I am going to work at Resale with my friend Dianne.
    It could be busy as there will be a lot of people in town.
    It is better to have two of us in the shop just for safety sake.

There are a lot of evacuees around and we are erring on the side of caution.
    We put a lock on our front gate being so close to the highway.

We worked at Cowies yesterday.
    As expected some of the OSB buckled and we spent the day adjusting and got some more tyvek up.

There is a crew of 9 today so they should make progress.
    We have only 9 weekends before Richard and Shirlene are released from rehab.
    That is a total of 18 working days. 25-ish if we count Sundays.

Shirlene got drywall secured yesterday. There won't be any building materials available shortly.
    She is trying to get all the materials they need for the project secured

Hunterseat - I am glad you got some riding in. Do you want me to send you the bitless?

Off I go. Have a super Saturday!
  • We took Whisper for a walk down to the pasture.  Cal stayed down there to spread out some bad hay on the weeds along the fenceline and I came back up.  I heard him yell, got out of the way and she went by me.  She was in her stall before I got on the same level as the barn.  She just does not want to stay out alone...he was with her so that should have made her happy.  Maybe she missed me?

Went out to breakfast and stopped at a couple of garage sales.  Got a "new" light for the dining area...it will replace the ceiling fan we never use and should give off more light than the one with the fan.

Glad you got to ride, Hunter.  Now I have to go look for your post and hope for pictures.