Quick Post

Saturday - Storm update please!

Saturday - Storm update please!
  • I saw the migration to Harper. :) So glad that happened. Awesome folks all the way around. I'm curious about the horse bunking arrangements. Anyway, hi to the South Texas bunch! I thought Corpus but that's not it, is it? I'm hoping Harper and neighbors get some good rain but not the destruction.

It's chilly here this morning. Was in the 50's, 61 now. I think this house was partially picked out because of the cat. Now he's gone and I'm feeling so much less attached to this house. I'm really just ready to get out of CT. Not a good state financially. Not where I want to be. I've applied all over creation (again) but got an email yesterday that my NYC job was just cancelled. Not my fault. There are funding issues especially with end of year stuff (Oct 1 is the start of the new fiscal year). Anyway, it's nice to have resolution.

So let us know what's going on in Harper.
  • The power went in and out last night just before 8pm.  Everything came back on except the internet.  Called .  On hold for over 20 minutes and then disconnected.  Finally got a very unpleasant woman who told me there were a lot of outages and call in the morning.  I did.  The tech tried to get me to do a hard reset and it did not work...told him that the last time the tech gave me a different set of numbers and it worked...he didn't.  set me up for repairs NEXT Friday.  Called again this afternoon and got a nice guy, after 25 minutes on hold,  Told him my tale of woe...he got in touch with the tech guys he works with and with their help, talked me through it ...with the new numbers.  I have internet again and can keep up with the important people in my cyber world.

• Safe and sound in Harper!!!

They are from Sinton and need continued prayers that they have q home to go back to.

Sorry for lack of updates been a bit busy.

Bunk arrangements are 4 peeps. 5 cats and 3 dogs at Ever After cabin.

3 extra horses are here at SaneHaven in the large round pen.

1 other peep and 2 other dogs left this morning due to lack of  ???

Only casualty so far is the chest freezer in my pantry.

Transferred all to the big upright at the cabin.

No weather here except for a couple brief rain showers.

Rain is still in the forecast for next few days.

We are topped off in the food , water, and fuel departments.

We had to miss going to Cowies yesterday. We just couldn't manage it all.

Thanks for all the thoughts.