Quick Post

Simmering Sunday

Simmering Sunday
  • It's seems like it's been hot forever.... at least it isn't as humid the last couple days and is cooling off more at night.
    Horses are all good and Lacey, the Jenny foal is is so funny! When she heard me come out back this morning, she started braying loudly while she was laying down and her body was bouncing! She is very attached to her people

We have a tiny stray kitten that was found in the street, probably fell out of or was tossed out of a car, skinned head and face, stunned and pretty subdued for a few days. We kept her warm, syringes formula into her and she has talkie and is fattening up. She's so energetic now, running and jumping all over, climbing our legs And so cute and spunky. Hoping she finds her forever home son as it's difficult having her because the 4 big dogs are a little too interested in her so we have to put the dogs out in the heat to let her out and when we shut her in the bathroom, she meows piteously. She's so tiny and adorable!

Gary flew back from Osh Kosh late last night, very tired as he flew himself the whole way. He had a lot of fun at the air show, got to join a group flying T-28's like he just bought in some formations over the air show.

Our fencing projects are coming along. The perimeter fence is almost done, just patching some gaps along the bottom so the dogs can't get out. The arena fencing looks so pretty! They install the gates tomorrow and we are finishing up the stall paddocks on the south of the barn and put in new pasture fencing next.

I have to take Braveheart, our big foster American bulldog in to the vet. He had surgery on Monday to remove a large mast cell tumor from his ear and 2 other suspicious lumps. The one on his flank looks infected.

Very glad to hear Hunter's Chatter is doing well today.

Connie-I missed that you sold Skidder and now you have a new horse? Whisper looked beautiful in her new bridle

Hopefully, everyone is doing well.

• Whisper has been here since December.  She was thin and had been starved.  She is happy and healthy now and is a treasure.  A grab and go kind of horse even after weeks off.  Skidder was not for sale but a friend was chatting with a friend of hers who has a sister who was looking for a Haffie.  She suggested she come and look at Skidder.  She came.  She came back lugging her tack.  She rode him.  She drove  him.  She called a week later and said she wanted him.  They line drove him his first day there, down the canal path with joggers, walkers, bikes, all kinds of excitement.  Unflappable.  She hooked and had her sister drive him the next day.  Perfect.  He supervises kids getting lessons on her mare.  She came up to me at the horse auction Saturday and Thanked me for , "selling me the best pony ever.  He is a lifer with me".  I am so glad they click and that she wants to love him forever.  She has had severe neck/head injury and has a teflon plate and he is about as safe as a horse can be.  I am glad he has a home where he is loved and appreciated.  She said he now has a dog for his best friend.   She bought him a light four wheel buggy at the auction.,

No, no new horse.   Just Whisper.  She is alone now and refuses to go out for any length of time unless someone goes with her.  It is company or the stall.  

Your place looks great.  Thankful your horses are doing well since their health scares.