Quick Post

Tuesday, more rain

Tuesday, more rain
  • It's okay, this rain. I guess if I was growing a garden and needed a lot of sun I might be miffed. It's pretty glorious.

SECOND CHANCE?? Are you serious?? You swing in, give a line about fly spray causing bumps ad waltz out? :) How are you? If it's you... if it's not WELCOME! Well, welcome even if it IS you! And if it's you, how's the marina? :)

DB, I hope it works out with the drill team stuff. I guess your son favors Ike? (who wouldn't is what I say)

Okay, enough. I haven't made the big announcement about driving out to DC/MD Friday. (to play with a horse or two!!) Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow. Less days to hear complaints about it.

Ooooh, thunderboomers.... better get going. Work work work.
  • Here humidity is the word of the day.  Not a fan.

Glad you are gaining independence and taking steps to do things you like, Hunter.  Unsolicited advice, the more independent you become, the more actions will change on a temporary basis, to improve things at home.  Do not expect change to last.

Not sure we will ever get our hay here in.  So very thankful we got enough hay from the standing hay lot given to us to ensure a winter of yummy hay for Whisper.  Thankful for neighbors with equipment and kind hearts also.

Whisper will be in today.  She far prefers her stall with the fans to being out with humidity and flies...t;he only way out is acceptable to her at this time is when on a lead shank and someone keeping her company.  

Hope everyone has a great day.

• Beth,  I haven't been at the marina for years.  Retired.   lots of major life changes.   Glad to see you still have your sense of humor.  LOL

I  use the VA health system,  in fact had some major artery surgery  this last April .  Will not go through that again.  still recovering.  Horses are all gone,

probably 5 years or more.  Wife died 3rd of Jan last year after 42 years together.    So on a scale of 1 to 10 I am probably hanging in on 7.  

• Funeral service in VA was awesome. Very happy with how it turned out. Thd evil one behaved and managed to avoid her most of the time. Had a family/friend picnic afterwards up on a mountain, followed by us taking over the pool at Holiday Inn. All the kids had a great time.

This was in SW Virginia. Son works for CGI, Canadian company that botched the ObamaCare rollout.  

• Gene, I'm so sorry about the loss of your wife.  

• Talked to the vet again tonight.  I gave Whisper a bath in an iodine shampoo this evening.  Will get new fly spray tomorrow just in case she is reacting to hers.  Have the name of a generic betadine shampoo to put on her for her next bath..leave on  ten minutes.  Also have the benadryl dosage in case she starts to itch...so far she has not.  The bumps are smaller but more plentiful...some are scabbing .  Poor girl is probably going to look like a rain rot survivor when this is over.  Checked with the girl I got the saddle I tried on her last week...she never had any skin issues with the horse or the mule she used it on so that is probably not the cause.

Ordered a new fly sheet and am anxious for it to get here.  it has leg straps and a closed front and hopefully will stay on better than the one I have been using.  The really nice one is not exactly turn out stuff...belly and neck covers...all white.  Looks good when grassing her.

Sorry for your loss, Gene.

Face really glad you enjoyed your time with family.

• Thank you Beth and Connie.

Connie does Whisper have a star like a somewhat looking crescent moon.  The lady that got my Arabian mare and her filly sold the filly and then lost track of her.  I was just wondering.

• No, no star.  Just a bit of white around the near coronet band in front and a bit more white on off rear coronet.  I have always admired the beauty of Arabs but this mare has a peace about her that helps me understand how they were kept in the master's tent generations ago.

After some research last night, the talk with the vet and a chat with a vet technician, I did some more research and it appears Whisper is having a reaction to the fly spray.  Vet said that the bath last night should have removed residue and it will be safe to start something to keep those nasty things off her.  PHEW.  I slept better last night and this morning realize how stressed I have been over this.

Dana, how are Cody and um, I think Tahoe?