Quick Post

Saturday showers

Saturday showers
  • It will probably delay the start of our ride at R&C's today

Yesterday at Richard and Shirlene's-

We had a good day with Richard and Shirlene.
    Richard had his hand surgery Wednesday. He is probably overdoing and seemed to be in pain.
    He took meds and we took an earlier than usual lunch break.

We got door “cripples" and some “ T’s” done before they had to leave and get Richard to hearing aid place.
    He has lost more hearing and the steroid shots in his ears have not helped. They hope an adjustment to his hearing aids will help.

The contractor did not show up yesterday. And Shirlene said the contractor won’t be there Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.
    Lumber and insulation did get delivered while we were there.
    I don’t think the framing project will be on scheduler for the 7th and 8th.
    I am thinking it is going to more likely be pushed to the 14th-15th or even 21-22?

I should move along and grab Sarcee up for the ride.

Good to see you DB. You are w-a-a-ay more tech than me. I don't know what say about pics? I just sized them smaller in the past.
    We ride with some mule friends.

Everyone have a great Saturday!

• Drove boy to work, which is a bit of a haul but it allowed us to sleep later rather than catch an early train. I had a coupon for clock repair and I took my antique mantle clock with me and swung by on the way home. "Closed for vacation" sign on door. Dang. Finally found a cotter pin for my new dolly wheel. Great. The wheel won't work. Took the old one to TSC and they got me the replacement. I think I threw the old one out. ugh. I can talk them into giving me the right one, I'm sure.

So then went to help buy a new lawnmower...fun-ish. Just a long day.

Tomorrow NY Air Show. Should be interesting.

Well, I'm short on time and have to figure out tomorrow's train schedule.

• Heavy downpours on and off yesterday and today.  Flooding all over the place.  Roads washed out.  Cellars under feet of water.  A major highway through Utica had concrete barriers due to construction ..  made a four foot high..or there abouts  swimming pool in the two lanes  and the the water spilled over the top of the barriers.  

Tornado ten miles away yesterday.