Quick Post

What day is it, Wednesday?

What day is it, Wednesday?
  • Already?
    Monday was an indescribable l-o-n-g day.
    There was a meeting and pizza.
    Sitting in the hospital watching Archie Bunker waiting for hours for friends.
    G came through his heart cath procedure fine.
    Saw wildebeests again, Pilot didn't believe me the first time I said I saw them.
    I dismantled an electric gate that was malfunctioning.
    Nearly ran over a herd of wild hogs.
    Fed an ostrich and cats.
    All during periodic rainfall.
    Then drove home in a toad strangling massive thunderstorm.
    Got my horses in and fed.
    Ate soup and went-ed to bed exhausted!
    (someone should follow me around at all times with a video camera?)

Yesterday was catch up farrier day.
    He examined Jet thoroughly.
    Still sore in right shoulder because he found his left front is sore. (navicular-like soreness) SCARY
    Farrier thinks it could be the impair ligament.
    Trimmed him and rolled the toes on his shoes.
    We saw an immediate improvement.
    More rest for Jet and then reevaluate.

So on to today...
    I don't know?
    Feed cattle. Check on TWO weaning calves. Friends dropped us an extra calf to wean with ours.
    B is suppose to visit.
    Maybe R&C coming for steak dinner that I promised R for selling that bull.

I hope Dana's Cody poops lots of oil and soon.

Connie you sold Skidder? I thought he was a keeper.
    I am trying to decide what to do with Chica.

Stude slow but sure in the heat is still progress.

Everyone have a great day!

• Oh how tall is Chica? Like her mom or her brother?

You should have run over the wild hogs - but you'd need a big ol' redneck truck with a lift kit and even then you might tear something up. (bulldozer?)

Crazy day as usual but GUESS WHAT??? I ran. yay me. It's been forever and I really truly need to be back into it for my physical and mental health. I thought I was going to try for the half marathon at VA Beach in September but I'm thinking not. Maybe one day.

Last week a bunch of ladies I work with went to lunch and my young coworker hesitated because of finances (single mom). I told her that I'd buy if she brought me a sandwich next week. Well, she brought a cup of homemade chili and also gave me some yogurt. WOW I got the best of that deal! It was great!

I don't know if I said but June 30th is the deadline for the hiring organization (NY) to submit their revised budget to bring their spending down. At that point it might take a while to be reviewed, I'm not sure. At least I understand what's going on. They may not be able to bring me on board or? I just have to continue to wait. It does help knowing what the delay is.

Better go. Food's off the grill.

• Skidder is a sweetie but I did sell him today.  The girl has a Haffie mare and wanted him to go with her.  She liked the way he line drove and said he most likely will be a lawn mower.  I told her he was staying here unless he went to a great home and she assured me he would have one with her.  She has a couple of nieces that want to ride so maybe they will ride the two Haffies.  She paid enough for him that I know he won't be going for meat and is not apt to go to a sale.  I also told her to let me know if he doesn't work for her

Met some friends for a buffet dinner and then went and looked at a van horse trailer...the kind you pull with a big truck with air thingys.  I think they call them glad hands.  Can get if for less than scrap price and it would make great storage but do not really have a place to put something that big.

Checked on Whisper when we got home and she is fine.  She isn't fretting. She was happy to get the apple I brought her from the buffet.  She might look for him in the morning if it isn't raining so she can go out.

• airy thingys?  lol  im good at renaming things, but i never called them that.  yes, you hook the airlines from the truck to the gladhands on the trailer.  

we have folks around here that flip vans and ragtops over onto their tops, cut holes in the sides and use them for shelters in the fields.  they really do make great storage places.  so long as you never need to move them again!  lol

dang DH!  you need a day off!  i got tired reading all that!