Quick Post

Sweet Saturday with Sun and Rain.

Sweet Saturday with Sun and Rain.
  •  Rode this girl this evening.  With the rain she has been in for a day and a half.  Bridled her in the stall, left her loose, blanketed her, saddled her, she was perfect.   Took her out into the barnyard, parked her next to my stool, told her to be good because I am old and crippled and if she was not good she could leave and go be a hack horse.  She stood.  We did ovals, 8's and some in and out of narrow places.  Just walk and trot.  Before we were done, she remembered what neck reining is.  She stood next to my stool like a statue and I dismounted.  In the barn she waited patiently for me to take off the tack and continued to wait until I told her to go into her stall.  Treat time!!  She really was good.  She has a sweet gait between her walk and her trot that I like and want to work on.  Not thrilled with her trot, will see if she has a soft jog in her somewhere.  She is a sweet girl.

Tomorrow we were supposed to go to a picnic with our connect group after Church.  Then the neighbor invited us to a birthday party for his Mom.  We will go to the neighbors' place.  Good people and it will be good fellowship, too.  We will catch our church group at the next get together.

Hope everyone is safe and well.  Stude, be careful in the heat.  I know it is hard on some of us.  I waited and rode after it got below 70 out there.

• ...^... ...^... ...^... (Those are crickets chirping)

I am trying really hard not to say anything about your situation Hunter.

Yesterday at the Cowie's was really H*O*T 104?

Pilot and I got all the valves, leaks and plumbing issues resolved.

The contractor is suppose to start this Thurs-Fri. to put up the metal frame and roof.

We will have a big push of volunteers on the 7-9th to frame up the interior walls.

Shirlene didn't do much but visit yesterday. She was being very careful with her hand.

The stitches had been removed. If she messed it up the only option was to repeat the surgery.

I could almost see her gritting her teeth trying not to DO anything.

Her face looked improved. She wears a compression mask at night.

Richard also looked better. He is addicted to my bbq sauce so I brought him 2 bottles.

Shirlene says he can't be without it.

Todays crew will have cooler temps but chance of rain.

We desperately need rain but I hate to see any delay for their project.

Pilot wants to go to a ham radio field day today in Kville. No ride today so I will tag along.

I need to bathe a friend's horse.

She fell and broke the humorous on one shoulder and jammed the other shoulder badly .

I should have done it yesterday on the way home from Cowie's but plain needed to get home and cool off.

Our dear friend Gayle is having a heart cath on Monday if anyone can shoot some extra prayers.

Everyone have a cool Saturday.

• Forgot to say our fave place in Kville has a curry chicken salad plate. I get my curry fix that way.

• The sky is dark gray and ready to turn it loose. Yesterday was so muggy we were all miserable. The kind of day you shower in the morning and by the time you dress you're sweating again. Boy was bit by a cat at work the other day so I took him for his followup visit to declare him fit to work - though he'd made one shift with the puncture wound. He starts his training tomorrow so any prayers for him would be great. He thinks they're going to tell him he's not right for the job of full, certified groomer. I think he may feel a little shaky with all those cuts out there. He's never tried it so he doesn't know. I'm hoping he excels because he can take that skill anywhere. He came home loaded with equipment so he's ready. I'm going to try to get to the train station and buy his pass today. I bet it will be expensive. 6 weeks of fun! (hopefully) His coworker just went through the course and she said nice things about him to his trainer. If the salon manager had kept up her certs he could train there where he works. That would have been nice.

I appreciate the input and thoughts about my situation here. The thing that bothers me the very most is the fact he doesn't have any desire to try to improve the situation. He sees no problem when, point blank, I've said I'm not happy and would like to seek counseling. I spoke to my pastor and he urged me to focus on God, which is really a great idea since God has taken a back seat to this situation and that screams "WRONG". It's all very in-my-face. Time to open my eyes.

I hope all is well with the restoration project, MK. I made some great "curry" with sweet potatos, chick peas, coconut milk and spices. Besides broth, that was about it. It made a huge amount. Might be too hearty for summer fare but it was really good. It's crazy it's called curry and the recipe doesn't call for curry powder. I was telling an LPN from Jamaica about it and she was practically drooling. If I make it again I'll have to take her some. :)

So what's on the weekend agenda?
  • Took Fancy and Eros out yesterday morning. There was a light breeze so it wasn't bad. Had a good rain in the afternoon. Rain has been good this year as we are a little above average. Will try to get Apache out today. Due to life, he hasn't been ridden in about a month.

Great beach weekend LAST weekend. Forecast didn't look so good but the only rain was when we were on the battleship USS North Carolina. We were on the deck when a downpour started so toured the inside. When we came back out the sun was shining. Very worthwhile visit.

July 4th may be quiet around here. Son that is getting married in September is going to VA to visit his brother. The following weekend we go to VA to plant my Parents. My oldest brother who I have not seen since 2010, lives only 30 minutes away, will not be going to the funeral. Supposedly he is ill and having surgery. No one knows what is wrong with him. All we get is cryptic messages from his wife and my evil sister. Either out with it or SHUT UP! This was going to be the last time I would have seen him, oh well, 2010 will have to do.

• Hmm. It is 6:45 AM here on the east coast, yet the time on my post above says 10:44 AM. What time zone is this forum on.

• face, I think you can change the time somewhere. Not sure. Glad you enjoyed the battleship tour. I love going on the sub here at the museum.

Connie, so glad your girl is so sweet for you. Sounds like a keeper.

MK - I'd welcome your input. I really wanted to work things out but both parties have to want it.

First day of formal groomer training. I took him there - it's about 40 miles away. He will get mileage reimbursement. The train stop is really close to him so that's what the plan is. Speaking of - better go see what the schedule looks like today. I'd love him to take the train back rather than me going to pick him up. :)

• Ah better now, my time is correct. Thanks hunterseat.

Apache was truly amazing yesterday. He didn't care for a trailer my son has parked near a tail which has a tarp over it. He refused, refused, refused and finally gave up and calmly went past it.