Quick Post

Sunday Father's Day

Sunday Father's Day
  • And so far behind on posting

Friday we worked at Cowie's.
    It was HOT
    Pulled forms from the slab. Removed nails from the lumber.
    Popped chalk lines again for the interior walls.

Richard seems more comfortable about asking me to get things for them.
    He gave me an actual list.

We saw a juvenile horny toad. (endangered)
    And Richard said there is a family of water moccasins at the bridge. I am glad we didn't get the water gap fixed yet and don't think I'll join in that activity.

Saturday morning laying in bed reading email, drinking coffee and discussing the days plans...
    12 1/2 minutes later I am standing in the middle of the highway with a feed bucket facing down a longhorn bull. = O
    It belonged to R&C. We got him home safely. Again. C says he is hamburger meat.

Not gonna try and plan today.

Speaking of flies, I was using a garlic supplement but a riding friend convinced me to try Simplify feed through.
    Expensive but it seems to be working. No clouds flies on the manure.

Jet still seems to have a lameness issue.
    More time off for him and farrier needs to come back.

Study nice work but who was suppose to complete the project???

Everyone enjoy their Dad's day!
  • D.H. there was a volunteer crew that was from Jmebear's JW-hall that kind of evaporated when SHHPS dragged their feet for five months.  It really wasn't their fault.  However, it would have been nice for the fellow who was the Contractor for the job to have at least made an attempt to re-organize a volunteer group.  Things go slowly when I do them as I can only do about four hours work a day without serious repercussions.  Frustrating that, but reality has a very large boot that I'm tired of impacting with my backside.  So the porch that would have taken 'the crew' about two days to knock off has taken me three times as long.  So far anyway, as there's the ramp to put back up and now it has to have a turn in it.

Replaced the two fouled plugs in my truck and he purred his way to Church today like a very contented old cat.  I was late, but better late than not at all.  Realized today that I have to ask for the large print folder from now on.  Getting old sucks!  Found out our Pastor has accepted the call to Wisconsin.   He will be gone at the end of the month.  The interim Pastor has requested the services be moved an hour earlier.  Oh... joy.  Thankfully, Jmebear is feeling well enough that I can ask her to feed again on Sundays... I hope.  My luck, they'll reschedule her services to mornings too.

Crystal is going out on a lease to a Morgan breeder south of us for a while.  She will be worked more often and shown.  The breeder is also going to test Crystal for a genetic disorder that creates a tendency for tying up.  Like I mentioned a couple of years ago, Crystal had an episode when I was ramping her up for showing CDE.  The feed seems to have been too much for her.  Since then we have kept her on the same type of feed we use for the Ponies and she has done considerably better.  I'm going to miss the grumpy princess quite a lot.

Well, Breezy is reminding me that she needs to go across the driveway to the neighbor's large paddock.  Everyone else is yelling to join her, so I'd better get off my kiester and get them over there.

Hope everyone around here (lurkers included) have a blessed Sunday and a lovely week.