Quick Post

AWOL Friday

AWOL Friday
  • Absent WithOut Leave Friday because no one posted today.

Thank you Connie about discussing flies.  That reminded me I forgot.  I'm having trouble with the tiny ones in my trailer this summer.  Forgot to thoroughly spray all the screens this year.  I spray all the screens on my trailer with the same stuff I use on the horses.  The flies won't go near them and even if there are some small holes, I don't get flies.  Will have to do that tomorrow.  Can't do it at night as the Fly-Spray stink is not something I want around when I'm trying to sleep.

Since the volunteer crew seem to have vanished, I have inherited Jmebear's SHHPS project.  Got the French Doors in and plumb.  Finished the floor in the dining and Kitchen area. and now the roof is on the front porch.  Put the tin on after taking some pictures  Those ends sticking out on the right side of the picture have been removed:

It's framed up that way because I put on a corrugated tin roof.  Kind of an old fashioned way of doing it, however it will hold up to the wind and snow here.  Next come the steps and a more permanent ramp for Jmebear's electric jitney buggy.  Will do one identical to this on the back at the French Doors and a narrow walkway and steps for the new laundry room door.  I'm also supposed to lay a new floor (engineered vinyl kind of like Pergo, but waterproof).  Also a new floor in the Laundry Room.  Should be done with all of that around the end of August or so... may-be.  I definitely want to be done before the rain comes back in October or November.  Certainly not a project I really needed or wanted this year.  Ah well.  The heat is really slowing me down.  Have to take a lot of breaks as I can't deal with it.

Just missed out on a Spartan Carousel trailer someone was giving away in Oregon.  The Holy Grail of Spartan Trailers, the Carousel!  Not much to look at on the outside, beautiful on the inside.  

Here's the kitchen:

The very cool Sputnick light in the ceiling:

Of course the kitchen on the give-away likely looked a lot more tired than this.  The give-away was a dead ringer for this:

Ah, but here I am on a horse forum talking home improvement and Park model trailers.  Funny, when this coach was built, mobile homes were kind of chic.  Now they're kind of way past shabby-chic.  Ah well...  The one that got away...

• I like the trailer , Stude.  It would be great here with all those windows for the view we get.

Blacksmith finally called back and is due here at 9.  Lady came and met Skidder Wednesday.  She just called and is coming back with her saddle to try him...not sure if she is bringing the harness to line drive or not.  Will miss him if he sells, but  she seems like a good caregiver and like she might actually give him a job, which he needs, and will love on him.  Hmmm  then I will have 2 empty stalls.....

Did chores, stalls are cleaned and the horses back in waiting their peddies.  Now to finish breakfast and get ready  to go out again.

Lady came to see Skid.  Blacksmith was late.  She saddled and bridled him.  Rode him.  He did  a great job...he went wherever she asked and did it willingly, if a bit confused.  She put long lines on him and drove him and he was perfect.  She says he drives best.  Hey, he was Amish...I rather think that was his primary function.  She really likes him and it sounds like she will buy him.  If not, he is so stout, any adult can ride him and not look out of place.  Cal likes him.  I told her about a horse a friend has and that I might be interested but will not go look because I don't need 3.  She said, "go look"  I think it was her way of saying she just might be moving Skid to her house.  Good if she does.  if not?  He is fine here.

The blacksmith came while she was line driving. He did both horses and said all his customers are needing trims with the way the feet have grown this month.  So, she saw how he was with his feet and got Gerry's card.

I do have to check on a resale horse for a friend.

Have a wonderful weekend, all.